Given up smoking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Well done, thats good going, keep at it, most of us smokers would love to stop but dont, people like you are an inspiration to people like me, Iv tried and failed loads of times, cracking stuff.

snorri

Legendary Member
Well done RT:smile:
I've never been a smoker so cannot really advise, but might suggest staying on the happy pages of Cyclechat and keeping out of P&L for a bit.:wacko:
No point in introducing unneccessary stress to life just now.xx(

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Just think about all the money you will be saving, I know how tough it is I gave up smoking in Jan 2008 after 30 years of smoking, it took me 6 months to finally quit and I have not smoked since. I found it was much easier if I kept away from people who smoke and not put myself in any situation where I may be tempted. Also I found a lump on my back which scared the shoot out of me, it turned out to be harmless but it makes you think I can tell you.

Now I can smell smoke from a mile away and it isn't pleasant and although I get the urge here and there I wouldn't want to smoke now. All my customers say how much healthier I look and with giving up and all the cycling I am doing I feel miles better.

So tough it out and give up for good, your pocket and body will thank you, just think of all the bikes you can buy with the money :wacko:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Abitrary said:
Buy those plastic inhalator cigarettes tommorrow RT, and use them if you have to.

They are a wonder.
They are a wonder but they just prolong the agony.

On the other hand Zyban is the dogs bollocks.

RT, talk with your local 'smoking councellor' but don't do NRT, only Zyban or cold-turkey.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I found that Patches and the plastic ciggy helped to take the edge off the odd occasion when I was tempted I found it was worse when I was driving so I used the plastic ciggy then.

Try different things and find what works for you everyone is different. If you want to give patches a go I have a couple of boxes of 2 week patch kits that are still within the useby date you are welcome to them if you want to give them a try they are no use to me.

Dave5N

Über Member
I smoked heavily for 28 years. Kept trying to give up and made a big thing about it - set myself up to fail, really. In the end I just stopped. I did't give up. I just didn't do it ant more. It is just a Game or Racket.

Top Bottom