Glasgow-based mechanic required for piece jobs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
erskine.jpg

Middle Spot is garden centre, left hand is entrance to Mar Hall..
Canal to Old Kilpatrick then up over the bridge...

when I come off the bridge, I naughtily cycle up the pavement to the garden centre

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I'd come down the back road past the airport from Paisley - it's a regular route for me as I'm originally from Clydebank and, until recently, still had relatives there.
Oh, nice one: I'll try that route for a meander.
I live in Rutherglen, so riding to the Erskine bridge from Glasgow's west end makes more sense for quickness.

boydj

Legendary Member
Yes, we did that: there's no access to the garden centre from the path.

Probably easiest to use Paisley Road West until just before Ibrox and turn onto the A8 (Shieldhall Road) past the front of the stadium and follow that all the way through Renfrew until you hit the A726 and turn right for the bridge. It's pretty direct and the only really busy bit is the roundabout that takes you into the Braehead shops. Saves you having to negotiate the one-way system in Paisley.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Probably easiest to use Paisley Road West until just before Ibrox and turn onto the A8 (Shieldhall Road) past the front of the stadium and follow that all the way through Renfrew until you hit the A726 and turn right for the bridge. It's pretty direct and the only really busy bit is the roundabout that takes you into the Braehead shops. Saves you having to negotiate the one-way system in Paisley.
Even better ride to the Erskine bridge exit of the path to Dumbarton, cross the road to the path to over the Erskine bridge, exit and cross to the garden centre, then access the Mar Hall from the Hospice road.
Need to scout the last bit, but I saw a bike path leading to Mar Hall from there on Google maps.
No busy roads to battle on.
Our own @Rasmus almost got flattened on that Braehead roundabout, on a quiet morning too!
Btw, there's a back way to Braehead, only for bikes, but I can't remember the exact route, been only once. Passes by a pond.

Top Bottom