Glasses problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
I have eyes that are wind sensitive (on a windy day, I'm crying round the golf course, although often for other reasons).

Couple with that is my almost feminine eyelashes. They are long and beautiful. But not practical.

Basically within about 3 minutes the inside of my glasses is a mess.

Surely other cyclists have this issue? What is the solution for the well endowed like me?

vickster

Legendary Member
eyelashalectomy

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
I have thought of an eyelash trim. The wind also affects them, so I'd need some sort of protective barrier too.

Cyclist33

Visit a doctor to find out if your condition is psychosomatic or self-fabricated in some other way.

Never heard of wind-sensitive eyes beyond that everyone gets watery eyes in strong gales sometimes.

Cyclist33

Ha ha ha psychsomatic!

Yeah, I'm somehow causing my eyes to water!

It's entirely possible since that sort of thing is what psychosomatic illnesses entail.

As I said though, I expect you're no different than anyone else in the eye/wind/wateriness department.

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
If you could just extend me the courtesy of believing what I say. My observations are based on 7 years of playing golf, a year of cycling, and the occasional trip out in windy conditions. A lot of the time I struggle when putting because my eyes are watering so much. That is not normal.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
My left eye has a habit of streaming when I'm cycling. I often end up with a splatter pattern on the left lens. It gets worse when my eyes are already irritated by hayfever and happens more in the early morning than riding home from work in the afternoon. I've found that either full wrap around, or minimal normal glasses are better than in between with this.

Also, a bit counterintuative but using moisturising eye drops can help a bit too. In general though other than during hayfever season my eye setles down after a couple miles so I just stop, wipe the lens and continue.

Globalti

Legendary Member
You need to clear out the drain tubes that let the tears dribble down into the nose. Once the liquid reaches the nose it's easy to clear it away with a French blow - squeeze the nostrils gently from above and blast the mucus sideways onto the road. Check for riders behind you first, obviously.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Which then gets thrown by the roadside? If you must, a handkerchief would be more civilised.

Top Bottom