Gloves for cold riding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stuarttunstall

Hi all

I am looking to get some new gloves for the cold months, any recommendations?

I do not want to pay a fortune for them as I only use the bike at weekends but do not mind paying if they do the job, keep my hands and fingers warm in cold/frost morning, I go out early ;)

STuart

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've bought a couple of pairs from Galibier this winter and they're decent: https://www.galibier.cc/gloves-and-mitts/

I'm using some Decathlon ski gloves. You can operate the shifters wearing pretty much anything so you might as well wear something warm if you're not concerned about looks.

1616008718995.png

Jonjay

Über Member
I got some Endura Windchill for about £25 and have been pleased with them. No cold hands down to minus temps and not stupidly warm if it the mercury does rise a bit when out. Nice and comfy too with really good grip.
no idea what they’d be like in the wet though.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
This just popped up on my Google news feed, might be worth a read:
https://bikepacking.com/gear/cycling-gloves-guide/

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Neoprene divers gloves. Cheap, durable, very warm, completely windproof, and moderately wsterproof. They come in a vatiety of thicknesses so you could buy a couple of different sets for different temps.
As a diver, I can quite happily say.....nope.

Cheap, durable, windproof, waterproof, and hot as hell, leaving hands as sweaty as a Mackem at a spelling test...

vickster

Legendary Member
Sport pursuit have a fair few half price, eg for £20 delivered (have to sign up, to browse).
it’s now mid March, you’ll need long fingers but probably not heavyweight winter gloves unless you go out at 4am for your weekend rides

Attachments

• E6EFF5B2-A6C8-46C2-BB65-7BB670F9D9B3.png
    E6EFF5B2-A6C8-46C2-BB65-7BB670F9D9B3.png
    101.3 KB · Views: 11

Big John

Guru
Not had cause to use my winter gloves this winter - not been cold enough. If it had been proper cold I've got Sealskinz lobsters. No clue how much they are these days. Had them for years now. I've managed happily this winter with neoprene diver gloves, despite others saying they're not great. Never had a problem with them and at £10 a pair from Aldi during one of their 'bike' weeks a bargain. They're ok down to just above freezing. The secret is don't take them off when you're out if at all possible because they do take a while to warm up again if you do 🥶

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Hi all

I am looking to get some new gloves for the cold months, any recommendations?

I do not want to pay a fortune for them as I only use the bike at weekends but do not mind paying if they do the job, keep my hands and fingers warm in cold/frost morning, I go out early ;)

STuart
Your 4 months too late. So nows the time to buy cheap while demand is low. I have Zealskins Brecons, would recommend you don’t buy them.

Top Bottom