gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Not Endura. Unless they have got their act together in the last 12 months, they have serious quality control problems. Both my winter gloves and track mitts started self-destructing within six weeks.

Edit: ...and at the risk of appearing totally grumpy, some will steer you away from SealSkinz as well... :biggrin:

Wardy

If it's for keeping your hands warm in Winter conditions there are few that perform well despite high prices. The best I've found so far have been Gore Countdown which were only adequate, and with a Goretex membrane were reasonably clammy-free for a while. I discovered that Marks & Spencer's Primaloft gloves with a thin pair of Merino wool gloves underneath were very good at keeping hands warm in the coldest conditions (and at a fraction of the cost of cycling gloves) but didn't have the usual palm padding.

vickster

Legendary Member
I got some heavy gloves from Decathlon a few years back for colder days which are good,

I have some Specialized sport ones for less cold days which I really like for when I still want long fingers (like now) http://www.dalescycles.com/productdetails.asp?productid=48744

and then some Giro mitts for the summer (they don't fit too well but do the job)

No gloveless riding for me - very bruised palms after a fall, glad not to have gravel embedded as well (although I did rip the fingers of my Specialized ones)!

Davidc

Guru
All cycling gloves except one I've tried are rubbish. Good thermal gloves, waterproof and washable preferably, have served me well at a fraction of the price and a large multiple of the durability. The exception has been Lidl cycling gloves, which have been a very good £3.75 (I think they were) worth.

In summer I've found the Altura mitts have good padding to help isolate hands from bike vibrations.

Edit: I've just read an email from Lidl, they have their mitts (described as cycling gloves) on sale from Monday 14/3 at £2.99. I'll be buying a couple of pairs on the assumption they're as good as the full finger winter ones.

OP
OP
flying start

flying start

Veteran
thanx to all that posted im going to pop in to my local lidl to hve a look!

i got some 661 gloves for my mountian bikeing but thry seemed to make my hand even colder?? think i payed about £30 for them (i got robbed)lol

the endura one have a long lycra bit that goes over the the likes of a long sleeved jersey

but the sealskins are waterprooth

Rip Van

Guru
thanx to all that posted im going to pop in to my local lidl to hve a look!

i got some 661 gloves for my mountian bikeing but thry seemed to make my hand even colder?? think i payed about £30 for them (i got robbed)lol

the endura one have a long lycra bit that goes over the the likes of a long sleeved jersey

but the sealskins are waterprooth

If they don't have any when you go in, sign up for their e-mails, then you'll know when they ARE in. I got ski gloves from Aldi, a month or two ago, for something like a fiver. Better than anything I've used so far.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
+1 for the Lidl Aldi gloves. I don't remember which one I them from but they have been worth it. The gel padding is comfortable and just in the right place. I'm going into Lidl tomorrow after work to see what they have left and try to get a couple more pairs of gloves.

As far as winter gloves I got a pair of Pearl Izumi Cyclone's from Evans. Not the warmest but water proof and a liner would warm them up. I wished I'd got the Lidl/Aldi gloves last year.

Just my 2p,
Out of the gloves I've had the Endura gloves are OK but I rotate between Strike and Dexter depending on conditions (the Strike being warmer and more waterproof) and whilst they are the right weight for me on the road bike, they'd be too thin for my slower bike. My spesh radiant gloves are better for low temperatures but they are too bulky for the road bike. The best vfm gloves I've had are the afore mentioned Aldi pair. I've never had sealskinz gloves though but I've heards mixed reviews, some folk saying they are the bees knees other saying they are terrible :wacko:

Top Bottom