glow in the dark helmet?

A glow in dark helmet for roughly same price as a normal helmet - would you choose the glow option?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyb202

hi all!

i am researching a 'new technology', (no power/batteries) photo luminescent glow in the dark cycle helmet. my question - if you could buy a real glow-in-the dark helmet for the same price (or within say £5 or so) as the equal quality/style/look 'normal' helmet. would you choose the glow option?

yes or no?

your thoughts very welcome. thanks! Andy

G3CWI

Veteran
No.

OP
OP
andyb202

andyb202

hi all!

i'm researching a new technology photoluminescent cycle helmet - no power/batts and NOT a reflective, normal hi-viz thing but where the actual material of the helmet emits a 'cool' glow at night.

like a cycle helmet made of kryptonite!

in the daylight it would look like your usual style/colour/quality helmet but at night the base material would 'glo'.

if the same price as a 'normal' helmet would you choose the 'glo' option for extra night time safety?

yes? no? maybe?

your thoughts welcome. thanks!

jarlrmai

Veteran
My girlfriend would probably buy it for me, if were up to here I'd have a trailer with a generator on and a 1000 watt halogen flood-lamp.

seriously though I think retro reflectors are a better idea, a "glo" doesn't inspire me with any confidence that its going to be seen by a driver on a rainy dark night.

Arfcollins

Soft southerner.
I'd also like to see it on a normally-lit road. Would there would be sufficient glow to give enough contrast against the background?

BTW, why isn't there a 'no' option in the voting? Are you trying to steer us in a particular direction? If so you'd be better off getting rid of the 'maybe' option too!

Top Bottom