God Almighty, Just How Stupid Can People Be?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'd suggest he's just a knuckle dragger, those types never change.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Anyone recommended best muzzle to buy for my dog? XL bully

nc_ohc=s292EfPiYt4AX9r_LIC&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

Do you actually have to put one on her ??

I do yeh unfortunately i feel horrible

😞
x

I get it but they don’t understand do they!! Poor girl
😫
xx

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The above is taken from a local Facebook, gossip, nail bar waffle, take-away crap stuff etc etc page.

The conversation goes on and on, much in the same vein as the above nonsense. You could be forgiven for thinking the dog is 'so cute', but why you may ask is the chavvy owner having to muzzle the beast. Well, it's because it's been going for other dogs and trying to kill cats, as well as lunging at people as it passes them. I know this by listening to the local grapevine. By coincidence I was talking to a bloke I know in the local Tesco this evening. We got on the topic of morphine for pain relief. Seeing as he was wearing a t-shirt, he pointed out this very big scar on his left forearm. You could actually see the circular mark of a jaw's teeth! The scar went all the way round his arm. He told me that 4 years ago he was walking in the local cemetery, minding his own business when this Bull Mastiff lunged at him, clamping onto his arm. He said he hadn't made eye contact with the dog, or interacted with it or its owner in any way. He also told me he spent 3 weeks in hospital after sepsis affected his recovery. He said the police were more or less useless, saying they told him to see a solicitor to get any compensation etc. To cut a long story short, the dog is still out and about and he didn't get a penny for the attack. I thought about asking if I could take some photos of his scars, but maybe not as it's a bit intrusive maybe. Anyway, just thought I'd mention it.

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
When Mrs PP was a teenager they had a pitbull / Staffie cross who was super friendly. She used to take it for walks in the parks and the tramps / beggars would play with the dog who'd roll over on her back to be fussed. One day a "normal" seeming bloke came up and the super friendly dog was baring her teeth and growling and he quite sensibly f'd off. I think the dog had quite correctly clocked him as a "wrong 'un" unlike the tramps who she'd categorised were basically OK guys down on their luck and / or troubled.

When Mrs PP was a teenager they had a pitbull / Staffie cross who was super friendly. She used to take it for walks in the parks and the tramps / beggars would play with the dog who'd roll over on her back to be fussed. One day a "normal" seeming bloke came up and the super friendly dog was baring her teeth and growling and he quite sensibly f'd off. I think the dog had quite correctly clocked him as a "wrong 'un" unlike the tramps who she'd categorised were basically OK guys down on their luck and / or troubled.

'Dogs have interesting instincts' was the response given by our late Queen in 2003 when David Blunkett, Home Secretary at the time, apologised to Her Majesty for the fact that his generally-impeturbable guide dog, Sadie, barked loudly, several times, in an unfriendly manner when Putin arrived at a state event where Blunkett and the Queen were waiting together for the arrival of the Russian entourage.

I would imagine tbat tbe Queen, dog lover that she was, enjoyed Blunkett's company as much, if not more, than most other Home Secretaries of her reign, as there would always be the welcome distraction of a dog, and I expect also that she was genuinely interested and even intrigued by Sadie's reaction ...

Jody

Stubborn git
A friend of mine had the most beautiful mannered staffie cross. It was such a caring dog. Then one night out the blue it just decided to tare a hedgehog to pieces that had wandered into the garden.

My point is, it's a dog and has (irrelevant of breed) natural instincts.

I think the problem owners are anyone who says "my dog would never do anything..... it's so soft..... " and treat it as such.

Only difference is an XL or the other large fighting dogs could end most peoples lives. Personally I don't see any reason to own them other than status and/or protection.

teeonethousand

I have read that mental health issues are on the up due to the pressures and stresses of day to day life nowadays. If dogs can indeed sense things then they too might be more on edge hence increase in attacks and severity. I am certain I would have experienced this directly today on my ride had the dog in question not been on a lead…it went from placid to berserk in a second.

I'm not particularly a dog person, but have nothing against them, and some friends have had pitbulls, staffies and the like that were an absolute delight.

Our cat would sit in the middle of the foot-way outside the house, just waiting for the local chavs to come past with their 'threatening' dogs. It just sat calmly, letting them get as close as they dared, and if they took too much interest, it would swipe them right across the nose. If the dog persisted, a second swipe involved the claws. It would then just sit sweetly being fussed by all and sundry while waiting for its next victim and it never reacted at all to normal dogs.

It didn't take long for the dogs to literally pull their owner across the street to avoid him. I swear that cat would smile when they did. :laugh:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
My sister has a border terrier. A very sweet animal ... unless, of course, you happen to be a rabbit. In which case she is the angel of death. If Peter Rabbit gets in to the garden on one of his vegetable patch raiding capers he often doesn't get out alive.

Jody

Stubborn git
My sister has a border terrier. A very sweet animal ... unless, of course, you happen to be a rabbit. In which case she is the angel of death. If Peter Rabbit gets in to the garden on one of his vegetable patch raiding capers he often doesn't get out alive.

Exactly what a terrier was bred for. I'd probably have a Border Terrier were I to ever purchase a dog.

Youtube at the minute thinks I want to see ratting (and general pest destruction) for some reason. They are certainly very efficient at dispatching and don't waste a second too long before onto the next victim.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I'm not particularly a dog person, but have nothing against them, and some friends have had pitbulls, staffies and the like that were an absolute delight.

Our cat would sit in the middle of the foot-way outside the house, just waiting for the local chavs to come past with their 'threatening' dogs. It just sat calmly, letting them get as close as they dared, and if they took too much interest, it would swipe them right across the nose. If the dog persisted, a second swipe involved the claws. It would then just sit sweetly being fussed by all and sundry while waiting for its next victim and it never reacted at all to normal dogs.

It didn't take long for the dogs to literally pull their owner across the street to avoid him. I swear that cat would smile when they did. :laugh:

A friend had an Alsatian, quite a large dog but utterly soppy and who loved everyone.
I suspect a burglar's biggest risk would be being slobbered over rather than bitted or chased off. She also had a kitten who'd play with the dog, full-contact, claws in his nose, and the dog would just wag his tail impervious to the scratches. The cat's favourite game was to be chased by a rival at then run back and stand beside the big dog

stephec

Legendary Member
A friend of mine had the most beautiful mannered staffie cross. It was such a caring dog. Then one night out the blue it just decided to tare a hedgehog to pieces that had wandered into the garden.

I think the problem owners are anyone who says "my dog would never do anything..... it's so soft..... " and treat it as such.

Only difference is an XL or the other large fighting dogs could end most peoples lives. Personally I don't see any reason to own them other than status and/or protection.

Our standard poodle would do exactly the same to anything that invaded her garden, she's already killed a rat, and now goes straight to where we think there's more nesting the moment the back door's opened.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

Courtney Walsh

Top contributor
· ·

National protests are being organised to support all our Bully breeds
🫶🏽
🐶

If you want to help, support or require more info please get in touch.
Location will be confirmed shortly. (Hyndburn area)
There will be police presence so we want the protest as peaceful as possible!!!
Looking for any professional dog experts or charities willing to support and join our stance against the ban & end BSL
❤️‍🩹

Lets get the word out x

nc_ohc=lZowHyXCZF4AX9MVJiq&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

I've just seen this on the local Facebook page. I always thought it was low intellect, thug(ish) type males who owned these type of dogs, but it seems air head females are their biggest fans!:rolleyes:

Top Bottom