God but the '70s were beige

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The'60s died at Altamont. Man. ☮️

raleighnut

Legendary Member
So was this :smile:
Strange bedfellows indeed.
While the Pistols coincided nicely with my adolescence and a sense of adventure and freedom, I still know all the words to "All Around My Hat" :laugh:

Couldn't stand them, still can't.

I was a 'Heavy Rock' fan back then, later got into Blues then Folk.

Maz asked me what was the best Deep Purple album (her nephew is Glenn Hughes manager and she's off to see him play with Joe Bonnamassa soon with 'backstage passes') so I recommended this LP, unfortunately it was before Glenn joined

View: https://youtu.be/6jcFTyAPImM

EDIT if anyone doubts this post then look on the liner notes for Black Country Communion 2, the 4th person Glenn thanks after his Wife and his Mum & Dad is Carl Swann

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
His name rings a bell. Was he in Rock/Metal bands himself back in the day?
Not sure I'll ask him next time I see him, I know he has been Glenn's manager for years. He is following a bit of a family tradition though in that Maz's brother Vin (Vincent) Swann was 'Road Manager' for Family back in the early 70s in fact the bunch of musicians that formed Family could often be found in the kitchen of Maz's parents house when she was young (Maz had a bit of a 'crush' on Charlie Whitney)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Couldn't stand them, still can't.

I was a 'Heavy Rock' fan back then, later got into Blues then Folk.

Maz asked me what was the best Deep Purple album (her nephew is Glenn Hughes manager and she's off to see him play with Joe Bonnamassa soon with 'backstage passes') so I recommended this LP, unfortunately it was before Glenn joined

View: https://youtu.be/6jcFTyAPImM

EDIT if anyone doubts this post then look on the liner notes for Black Country Communion 2, the 4th person Glenn thanks after his Wife and his Mum & Dad is Carl Swann

I used to work with (and am still chums with) Saxon's ex-producer :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I used to work with (and am still chums with) Saxon's ex-producer :smile:

Lol, on their albums the use a different producer every time.(apart from their last 3 which was Andy Sneap-ex-Sabbat). so which one?

graham56

Guru
It was mostly the 70s up to 1976 or 77 which were the 'naff' ones in terms of style etc. The late 70s, with punk etc, got a lot edgier and imho cooler (not temperatures).

Blimey its @graham56 (above). How you doing fella?
It was mostly the 70s up to 1976 or 77 which were the 'naff' ones in terms of style etc. The late 70s, with punk etc, got a lot edgier and imho cooler (not temperatures).

Blimey its @graham56 (above). How you doing fella?
I’m really good. Pop in here now and again but not as much as I used to. Busy planning a trip to the Netherlands to visit my sis and brother in law in February.
How are you hanging? Pfftt!!! Hope all is well with you and yours.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
This fella, Pete Hinton. We used to teach together, shared an office etc. Top bloke
https://www.allmusic.com/artist/pete-hinton-mn0001304218

In fact, it's all come back to me now.
He wasn't a hugely prolific producer, mainly 80's metal bands. But he did produce a couple of my favourite all time albums.
Witchfinder General - Death penalty
Demon - Unexpected Guest.

Marvellous stuff.

Peter and myself also have a tenuous link.
He produced albums by a band called Coronor (A great Swiss metal band from the late 80's/90's).
I was working for the record label when they were originally released.

Top Bottom