Going clipless...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 23692

You'll be fine with the M530's.. mine are just brilliant.

As for the shoes, the RT32 have the same sole (for recessed cleat) but are built on a male/unisex last. You may find them OK or you may be better off with the WR35 which has a women's specific last: narrower and lower at the heel and less volumes around the toes. It all depends on your feet!

Best bet would the to try them both before deciding... especially so with Shimano's small sizings which might mean you'll need a size bigger than usual

OP
OP
Boardgirl

Boardgirl

You'll be fine with the M530's.. mine are just brilliant.

As for the shoes, the RT32 have the same sole (for recessed cleat) but are built on a male/unisex last. You may find them OK or you may be better off with the WR35 which has a women's specific last: narrower and lower at the heel and less volumes around the toes. It all depends on your feet!

Best bet would the to try them both before deciding... especially so with Shimano's small sizings which might mean you'll need a size bigger than usual

Excellent! Going to order them ASAP!! Do you know if the pedals come with cleats?

Hhmm ok. The trouble is, I'll be ordering them online so can't really try them on unless I can find a store that does them. I'm a size 4/4.5 so was thinking of trying a 5 but have quite wide feet.

D

Deleted member 23692

Yeah the come with cleats (MH51) - just make sure you buy them from a known retailer as some ebay ones take the cleats out to keep the price down (and then sell the cleats separately)

As for shoes... I'm male and you're female, so you'll be far more experienced in buying shoes than I can ever hope (or want) to be ;)

OP
OP
Boardgirl

Boardgirl

Yeah the come with cleats (MH51) - just make sure you buy them from a known retailer as some ebay ones take the cleats out to keep the price down (and then sell the cleats separately)

As for shoes... I'm male and you're female, so you'll be far more experienced in buying shoes than I can ever hope (or want) to be ;)

I was going to get them off the website that was posted on here, fatbirds.co.uk?

Haha! I guess so, was actually being really vain and wanting some black ones but can't seem to find any others similar to the WR35's... :/

D

Deleted member 23692

I've dealt with fatbirds.co.uk before and they've been superb.

Top Bottom