Good afternoon looking for fresh start and life back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Miss

Regular
Few years ago I went out cycling a hell off alot lost loads off weight and got my life back then 2 n half weeks ago left the most awful relaitionship off my life and now I can breathe again I want to get back out on my bike again but needs tips and advice on where to start really I loved it before and know I can do it I have a great bike to :smile:

So hello everyone :smile:

P.s I'm gravesend area

Hello Miss and welcome to the friendliest cycling forum on the net! :hello:

Sorry to hear of your troubled time but, as you say, it is all behind you now. The rest of your life starts NOW! :thumbsup:

There is a lot of good info and advice here, plus a lot of laughs and good experienced people/cyclists.

Keep your eyes open for rides in your area, if you're looking for company on the road and cafs!

OP
OP
Miss

Miss

Regular
Yeah I'm happy for company on the rides just not sure where to start get on and ride or what lol

Lee_M

Guru
2 n half weeks ago left the most awful relaitionship off my life and now I can breathe again

Good for you, and to finish off a good few weeks, you've come here - welcome!

Ignore any threads about politics, energy gels, fixies, hills, carbon versus titanium, or anything else where its possible to have an opinion and you'll be fine :laugh:

Do you still have a bike or do you need to go shopping ?

DWiggy

Über Member
Hi from Cobham :welcome: (Just rand the corner)!
Apparently the Cylopark is a good place to start although I've never been but hear good things, or theres the cycle path that runs along the A2 it is good place to find your feet but be warned you may get a puncture as its littered with Flint, other than that riding around Cobham, Shorne, Higham is very nice especially now the weathers hopefully on the turn!

Hiya Miss :welcome:
If youve got a good bike the best step IME is to get out there and start enjoying the multi benefits of cycling, pick tips etc whilst you are doing it.

......do you need to go shopping ?

Bit of a silly question to ask a female?

I don't know whether you have good or bad feelings about your previous cycling, but you have done this before, so if you can, simpy repeat the previous experience, and improve from the things you learnt last time.

Do go along to the forum ride if you can. Often meeting faces is a help

Arsen Gere

Über Member
Welcome, lots of support on here. There is always someone who knows something about whatever you need. Just ask.
If you ever wondered whether you should wear a helmet or whether you should do a bit of weight training to help your cycling, there are loads of other forums you can visit. :laugh:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi Miss & :welcome:.

I'd say the best way to start would be to just get the bike out and ride it. This is the beauty of cycling; as long as you've got a bike, you can do exactly that, and then treat it as seriously (or not) as you want later on.^_^

As already mentioned this is one of the friendliest forums around, so if you have any questions you'll always find someone happy to help.

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom