Good bikes for children

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Frog
Islabikes
Specialized
Dawes
Ridgeback
Pinnacle

All have very decent kids bikes.
OK nowhere near as many brands as adults, but it is getting better.
Agreed, now if only we could get the likes of Toys r us to stop selling lumps of metal and start stocking better bikes!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
[QUOTE 3058766, member: 45"]I think the challenge is to get parents to appreciate that no-one can make a decent kid's bike for an RRP of £59.99.[/QUOTE]
I don't think you will ever convince some parents to appreciate the benefits of a really good bike, but the bottom of the pile should be to a certain minimum standard, and toys r us shouldn't be allowed to sell below that standard.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE 3058766, member: 45"]I think the challenge is to get parents to appreciate that no-one can make a decent kid's bike for an RRP of £59.99.[/QUOTE]

Yup, this is the core of the problem.
They think.. kids bike... must go cheap.

william_just

Isla bikes, Frog, B'twin...

Don't be afraid to spend money on a good bike - it will have a good resale value so you'll recoup most of it anyway.

KneesUp

Guru

I got a hardly used Ridgeback MX16 off eBay for £45 or so - can't remember exact price. I think we have to bring our kids up to realise that you don't need new of everything - there isn't enough stuff in the world for that to happen.

Plus being as it was secondhand when I bought it and it will be secondhand when I sell it, it can't loose too much as either a proportion of its cost or in actual money.

macbikes

Not familiar with Worx?

Shadowfax

No mention of Scott either, surprising. Or are they just too expensive? It does make me laugh Adults are willing to part with thousands for their steeds, yet not a few hundred for their little darlings.

Top Bottom