Good deed gone wrong.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Driving home from Boston today I came across and old guy stopped in a dangerous place, he has driven over a large object which was well stuck under the car. So I stopped and offered help, he needed it, a bit down the road was a speed camera can so I trotted down and asked him to park his can do that I could safely Jack the car up and get the old fellow in his way, all done and dusted I jumped in my car car and cleared off.

I have just found the old fellows keys on my desk, luckily he was still talking to the camera guy and I live in hope he had a spare key close.

I have just called the local police and they have not had any calls logged today, otherwise I would be On the way to drop his keys off.
I feel your pain, I have a story that's not the same but still involves keys. I approached my dad from behind when we were out together once. I wanted his car keys to get something from the car, and being my dad, I knew he wouldn't mind if I just put my hand in his pocket and got his car keys out. It wasn't my dad. It was just a dead ringer for him. That took some explaining.

Drago

Legendary Member
She was a dead ringer for him?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I feel your pain, I have a story that's not the same but still involves keys. I approached my dad from behind when we were out together once. I wanted his car keys to get something from the car, and being my dad, I knew he wouldn't mind if I just put my hand in his pocket and got his car keys out. It wasn't my dad. It was just a dead ringer for him. That took some explaining.
:laugh: I bet it did!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
And a list of the locations of your valuables so they don't inadvertantly steal something worthless.
My niece used to leave her cash, bank cards, car keys etc piled up on display on the kitchen table at night. I asked her why and she replied that if somebody broke in, the last thing that she wanted was them coming upstairs and threatening her to get her to hand over any valuables!

D

Deleted member 26715

He accidentally pocketed the old man's keys
I have just found the old fellows keys on my desk, luckily he was still talking to the camera guy and I live in hope he had a spare key close.
He says found the old guys keys on his desk, what kind of car does he drive that has a desk?
a bit down the road was a speed camera can so I trotted down and asked him to park his can do that I could safely
That's just a WHAT?

winjim

Smash the cistern
[QUOTE 4962276, member: 9609"]I'm guessing he got the speed camera van to park on the live side of the car that needed jacked up ?

what puzzles me is how did he know it was a speed camera van, they're so well hidden no one would ever know[/QUOTE]
Yes, they hide them right by the roadside, covered in fluorescent stickers with "mobile speed camera" written on them in massive letters. The fiends.

I guess that's the hi-viz debate settled.

Mind you, recently I was driving over the Snake Pass and discussing speed cameras with my passenger, and how there aren't any on that stretch of road. I pointed out of the window and said "speed camera", to which she replied "yeah, but you don't see any round here", thinking I was pointing at the sign, when I was actually pointing at the big fluoro mobile camera van that was literally right in front of us.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 4962276, member: 9609"]I'm guessing he got the speed camera van to park on the live side of the car that needed jacked up ?[/QUOTE]
Right it all makes sense now, the speed camera van moved in front of the broken down car to protect them, interesting thought then, as the van was not parked where it was advertised it was going to be, if it issued any tickets would they be legally enforceable?

D

Deleted member 26715

The police are not required to advertise where mobile speed cameras are sited.
Who puts the notices in the paper, or is that just our local area that does this?

winjim

Smash the cistern
The police are not required to advertise where mobile speed cameras are sited.

What they cannot do is put up signs warning of speed cameras in an area where fixed or mobile speed cameras are not operating.
How frequently must a mobile camera be there to count as "operating"? The whole gist of our discussion regarding cameras on the Snake was that there were signs up, but we'd never seen a camera there. Until, coincidentally, during that very conversation.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
"a bit down the road was a speed camera van so I trotted down and asked him to park his van so that I could safely Jack the car up and get the old fellow in his way, all done and dusted I jumped in my car car and cleared off." HTH -- easily done !

Was the car not immobilised by the lack of a key ? i.e. still there if you'd gone back ?

Top Bottom