Good deed gone wrong.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

screenman

Legendary Member
"a bit down the road was a speed camera van so I trotted down and asked him to park his van so that I could safely Jack the car up and get the old fellow in his way, all done and dusted I jumped in my car car and cleared off." HTH -- easily done !

Was the car not immobilised by the lack of a key ? i.e. still there if you'd gone back ?

I did not discover the keys for another 9 hours, the car was not there this morning, also the police have not had any reports about it.

D

Deleted member 26715

I did not discover the keys for another 9 hours, the car was not there this morning, also the police have not had any reports about it.
Search FB see if there is a local buy/sell/wanted group & put an ad on there saying you have the keys & ask if anyone knows the old guy to get in touch, le's se if the power of FB is as good ad it claims to be, good show for stopping BTW, I bets hundreds had passed by without giving it a 2nd thought.

winjim

Smash the cistern
There's two regular mobile ones listed on the CREST web-site.

A lot of people simply don't spot the vans, partly because we've become inured to the sight of hi-viz/chevrons, with so many vehicles on the road using them these days. For example, every Tom, Dick and Harry 'highway maintenance' contractor seems to have them plastered all over their vehicle and seeing a marked car/van parked up by the side of the road is no longer something that many people particularly register.

Top Bottom