Good grief, What's happened to Coronation street..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Have I ever mentioned I don't own a television?
I can't believe we've got to the second page before someone said that. :biggrin:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Like others, i think it's shoot now. I haven't watched it since about last July. One of my favourite lines in the program, when it used to be entertaining was when Percy the WW2 veteran said to Eddie,the Jack the lad type character "I fought in Europe i'll have you know!", to which Eddie replied "Who for City or United?":giggle:. Then of course Bradley Walsh's character(can't remember his name in the prog') said about his professional footballer son "If he's good enough he'll get to play for t'Accrington Stanley",in a mock northern accent.:smile:

Last edited:
oh dear :popcorn:

midlife

Guru
We had some of these on the wall as a kid :smile:. Sadly no Muriel lol

ea059a7be4eb7a251a440fd9ee106867.jpg

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Hi .
The weather's pretty rubbish at the moment to go out cycling so I started to watch the omnibus Corrie..
Blimey what happened to the Corrie I used to remember. Years ago it full of humour and light hearted story lines with the likes of Jack and Vera and Stan and Hilda.
Today's episodes of a row of terrace house was about mass murderers, rape and blackmail and evil plotting. At the end ,a voice over even suggests if you've been affected by any of these issues contact blah blah blah.
Its a shame that such a once easy going program has been lowered to being so dark and depressing. Some of the scenes are not what I would call suitable for younger viewers any more (call me old fashioned ).
It went down hill when Ena Sharples left. stopped watching it soon after.:okay:

Top Bottom