Good low-loader stainless steel rear rack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oxford_guy

Über Member
Hi - I'm looking for a good stainless steel low-loader rear rack (possibly a front frack too) for a new touring bike (see my previous post about getting a Hewitt Cheviot SE), what's considered good these days? Thanks! ;)

andym

Über Member
Tubus Cosmo or maybe a Madison Summit if you're on a limited budget.

jags

Guru
i have the tubus logo on the rear of my thorn ,going to get old man mountain front rack,comes highly recommended.check out sjs for price .

johnb5271

oxford_guy

here is a pic of a Cosmo unloaded, an ultegra dynohub, B and M IQ Fly Senso plus and a barbag in use

OP
OP
oxford_guy

oxford_guy

Über Member
johnb5271 said:
oxford_guy

here is a pic of a Cosmo unloaded, an ultegra dynohub, B and M IQ Fly Senso plus and a barbag in use

What size frame is that? Was wondering whether there would be room to fit both a barbag (Ortlieb medium-size) and a B & M IQ Fly to the Cheviot SE I'm getting fitted for this weekend? I'm assuming, as I'm only 5' 8", that I'll be getting the "small" frame...

johnb5271

oxford_guy said:
What size frame is that? Was wondering whether there would be room to fit both a barbag (Ortlieb medium-size) and a B & M IQ Fly to the Cheviot SE I'm getting fitted for this weekend? I'm assuming, as I'm only 5' 8", that I'll be getting the "small" frame...

Its the xl frame, I do not know what the fit would be like for barbag and light on any other size frame but there is plenty of space between my Carradice barbag and IQ- -Fly, but if all else fails there is a mounting point for lights on the right hand side of the front fork.

OP
OP
oxford_guy

oxford_guy

Über Member
johnb5271 said:
Its the xl frame, I do not know what the fit would be like for barbag and light on any other size frame but there is plenty of space between my Carradice barbag and IQ- -Fly, but if all else fails there is a mounting point for lights on the right hand side of the front fork.

Would using the fork mounting point prevent using (low loader) front panniers?

johnb5271

oxford_guy said:
Would using the fork mounting point prevent using (low loader) front panniers?

No because the Dynamo/light braze on is above the pannier braze, but that being said I have never had a light mounted there so I cannot tell you how effective it would be.

Top Bottom