Good 'ol Lizzie

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
She's 96 FFS. You have clients with needs. What part of that don't you get?!

I do have clients with needs. And we're extremely strict with them; anyone who is sick should bring a doctors note from the first day of sickness; otherwise the funding for that client to be part of the programme may be withdrawn, along with some of their benefits.

Maybe we're looking at a cultural difference here...

Slick

Guru
I do have clients with needs. And we're extremely strict with them; anyone who is sick should bring a doctors note from the first day of sickness; otherwise the funding for that client to be part of the programme may be withdrawn, along with some of their benefits.

Andy, apples and oranges mate. Nothing wrong with having an opinion on the monarchy or anything else for that matter, but we are talking about an elderly lady recovering from health issues.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
It's not like she didn't turn up and there was no one to read the speech. She sent a suitably royal representative in her stead.

I expect her contract has a substitution clause. Otherwise she could be in all kinds of IR35 trouble ;)

Slick

Guru
It's not like she didn't turn up and there was no one to read the speech. She sent a suitably royal representative in her stead.

I expect her contract has a substitution clause. Otherwise she could be in all kinds of IR35 trouble ;)

She's books in. :okay:

alicat

Legendary Member
Possibly. Possibly I've lived in a Republic too long to be able to relate to a lot of British people's reaction to the Monarchy.
Stop posting then if you don't know what you're talking about. It made my and my parents' day when they got a card from the queen on their 60th wedding anniversary. My mother died suddenly two months later so I will treasure that.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist

Along with the best medical care money can buy, no wants, personal chefs but nonetheless 'concerned' about 'her' subjects. With all the social injustice abroad in this country and others it is obscene that one family has so much because that family had a bigger army back in history.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I'm not sure my employer would be very impressed if I cancelled an important appointment because I was too ill, and then turned up three days later to follow my hobby in public...

I've been off ill with chickenpox and whilst not feeling that ill it would have been totally wrong to go in. 3 days later I wasn't contagious and would have gone in or had a day playing if it had been my day off.

Stop posting then if you don't know what you're talking about. It made my and my parents' day when they got a card from the queen on their 60th wedding anniversary. My mother died suddenly two months later so I will treasure that.

Having a different perspective isn't the same as not knowing what I'm talking about. I understand that for many people in the UK the institution is important.

I think my problem is the way that one particular person is treated this way because of who they are, while so many people in a similar situation aren't; I don't think our President would be feted with such enthusiasm in similar circumstances.

Cerdic

Along with the best medical care money can buy, no wants, personal chefs but nonetheless 'concerned' about 'her' subjects. With all the social injustice abroad in this country and others it is obscene that one family has so much because that family had a bigger army back in history.

Ha! Although technically, of course, the Royal Family still exists because it had a SMALLER army back in the day!

The civil wars of the mid-17th Century resulted in the defeat and temporary removal of the Monarch. The Glorious Revolution of 1688 and the issue of the Bill of Rights in 1689 formed a constitutional settlement between the Monarchy and Parliament where power was, to all intents and purposes, vested in Parliament.

So the monarchy LOST a war and did a deal to keep the Crown. Crafty eh…

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

FFS guys if you want o discuss the rights & wrongs of the Monarchy then take it to the dark place, this is about a 96 year old woman who despite not initially being brought up to do this job has done it for over 70 years. Every single thing she has done in that time, every single day she has been under scrutiny, look how the snowflakes of today are dealing with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom