Good 'ol Lizzie

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Given anyone in the UK is wealthier than over 90% of the people on the planet, how many people on here are going to give up the privilege they have through an accident of birth?

Isn't anyone that criticises the 'privilege' of Royalty and doesn't give up their own privilege simply a hypocrite?

Slick

Guru
Given anyone in the UK is wealthier than over 90% of the people on the planet, how many people on here are going to give up the privilege they have through an accident of birth?

Anyone?

There may be a very few exceptions, but even someone on basic state support would fall in to that 90%.

EDIT. Reading a few of the threads on here about cars, houses, savings, pensions etc. I'd say that there are plenty on here that are way above that 90%, but even if people want to dispute the percentage, it's accurate to say that people in the UK are wealthier than most, and largely due to an accident of birth, but I don't see many offering to give up that privilege.

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
There may be a very few exceptions, but even someone on basic state support would fall in to that 90%.

EDIT. Reading a few of the threads on here about cars, houses, savings, pensions etc. I'd say that there are plenty on here that are way above that 90%, but even if people want to dispute the percentage, it's accurate to say that people in the UK are wealthier than most, and largely due to an accident of birth, but I don't see many offering to give up that privilege.

There is an ever increasing number of individuals that fall between those gaping chasms.

There is an ever increasing number of individuals that fall between those gaping chasms.

But they still end up wealthier than most on the planet.

Removing Royalty wouldn't change any of that either. If anything, it would make it worse, as overall, they make a net profit to UK plc.

I'm guessing you're one that's not giving up your privilege to donate it to the rest of the planet.

Slick

Guru
But they still end up wealthier than most on the planet.

Removing Royalty wouldn't change any of that either. If anything, it would make it worse, as overall, they make a net profit to UK plc.

I'm guessing you're one that's not giving up your privilege to donate it to the rest of the planet.

I understand the point you are trying to make, but I think there are lots of different groups of people living in abject poverty all over the UK today for a variety of different reasons that largely goes unnoticed.

I understand the point you are trying to make, but I think there are lots of different groups of people living in abject poverty all over the UK today for a variety of different reasons that largely goes unnoticed.

Agreed. But removing Royalty wouldn't have any positive benefits for that, in fact it would make it worse. It doesn't change anything about my initial point re privilege either, especially relative to many posters on here.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Can I just say that I farking love Scousers?

I'd rather you didn't, they should be ashamed of themselves, if as you state it was in opposition to the current Government WTF has that to do with the National Anthem, what next flag burning?

@Moderators Please lock the thread before any more bollocks is spouted by the NACA hijack crew, they have their own forum to bicker in yet they are unable to contain themselves within those boundaries, they too should be ashamed of themselves.

The Queen cannot just retire.

Her view is that she agreed with God to fulfill the role, and therefore abdication isn't an option for her.

She cannot step down until medical experts prove that she is incapable of filling the obligations of the role, and she is currently working over 40 hours a week on her duties even at her age.

That may be what she believes, but it remains her choice. Understand, I'm not saying she should or shouldn't, but she's not powerless in her decision; she's not a victim of circumstance.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I'd rather you didn't, they should be ashamed of themselves, if as you state it was in opposition to the current Government WTF has that to do with the National Anthem, what next flag burning?

@Moderators Please lock the thread before any more bollocks is spouted by the NACA hijack crew, they have their own forum to bicker in yet they are unable to contain themselves within those boundaries, they too should be ashamed of themselves.

I'm not sure you have grounds to complain as you started the thread comparing the hereditary monarch to parliament. Or is politics allowed here as long as it's sufficiently sycophantic*?

I only started commenting on this thread in response to a poster bringing the NACA forum into the discussion, making it clear they had been lurking there.

*Ha, I just reread the OP. 'Snubbing the sycophants' lol.

Come chat in NACA, maybe we could have a proper discussion about constitutional monarchy.

Queen can abdicate, God has nothing to do with that. Defender of the faith comes with the title but isn't the title itself. There's been precedents for abdication and aiui it's enshrined in law somewhere.

Fitness to do the job has no legal basis for removal of the monarchy from the Queen. It relies on her conscience and judgement.

Privilege of birth meaning we're in a wealthy country equates to the Queen having money by accident of birth. It does not equate to constitutional role. We lave no inherited constitutional role to vacate or not on our own personal whim.

We also would be very unlikely to skive work only to get caught out without consequences. If that's what she has done. It looks a bit like she's got different priorities to the past to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom