Goodbye Mickle Method

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Another invention trying to fill a market that isn't there. And at £20 odd I think I'll stick to an old rag plus whatever oil I have left over from the cars.

C R

Guru
It looks like an interesting proposition, but as @cosmicbike says, a bit of a solution looking for a problem. In particular, I think that it won't be able to clean a dirty chain, so you would still need the rag.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Just when you think you’ve seen it all.

Lubridisc.

Go on then, I'll fall for it.

Looks like a good way to apply oil to the chain.

Similar to the shoe polishing pads which had polish embedded.

I found those quite handy to slip in my suitcase when I was staying away more often.

There was one in the toiletry freebies in a hotel I stayed in.

The Lubridisc wouldn't clean a very dirty chain, but it might work on a little and often basis.

I'd pick one up in the bike shop if it was a fiver.

But it's neither.

Last edited:

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
I like the look of the Vortex crank reflector but it would be better in black and you can buy the 3M tape from Amazon for a fraction of the price and do it yourself.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Developing my hotel theme, the Lubrdisc could be useful on a tour.

A tourist might want to lube the chain mid tour, depending on conditions.

The Lubridisc, assuming it doesn't leak, would be handy to slip into a pannier.

It would also enable clean hand chain lubrication, a benefit of particular use to a tourist.

Last edited:
Reactions: C R

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm normally much more forgiving of these daft ideas than most of you. I quite like daft ideas. But not in this case.

It's a small, portable means of applying lubricant to a chain. In what way is it better than a dropper bottle? And it will be somewhat wasteful as the sponge will retain a whole lot of the lubricant, unlike a bottle.

Am I missing something here?

OK maybe it's a bit quicker, just whizz it through instead of applying a hundred and something individual drops

Top Bottom