Google Buzz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Anyone tried it yet?
I have a phone with Android 1.6, and it doesn't work with that yet (only with 2.0; so works with iPhone, but not for most Android users... nice one, Google! :tongue: apparently they are working on getting it sorted for 1.5 and 1.6 users)
Not showing in my email yet, but apparently it's being rolled out bit by bit, so should do soon.

Have tried it on Google Maps, where it works, but there are limitations (i.e. all posts are public, can't be private). Seems quite 'fun', but that doesn't reaslly interest me that much. I can see it's potential uses (e.g. restaurant/cafe recommendations, traffic problems, other incidents etc), but as it's limited to google account users, it's not really going to replace twitter, I don't reckon, which is probably what they want it to do. Dunno really, I don't use Twitter (but I do use F'book), but posibly one to watch.

Just enabled it, so will wait and see how useful it is.

Do you have a G1 Fnaar? No Android updates for us beyond 1.6 unfortunately.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Yeah, G1, contracted till about November. I've been very happy with it, though tend to fill it up with cr@ppy apps that look great but I don't actually use... so have the occasional purge, as I did this evening... running much faster now :evil:
If only they'd sort it so you could have apps running from sd card, it'd be ace. Compared to my brother's iPhone, I have to be honest and say G1 is second division, but I use google a lot, so the synchronisation suits me very well.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Ha ha turned it off.. PITA when you start following someone... blimmin' updates all the time if they're an active buzzer. Haven't got time for any of that... disabled it. :sad:

Top Bottom