Gore Oxygen 2 on sale - a decent waterproof jacket?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nebulous

Guru
I'm preparing somewhat haphazardly for LEL. It's the last payday before it occurs and I'm trying to work out a final shopping list. I've got some older waterproof jackets, mainly boil-in-the-bag ones, but nothing I can rely on. Until now my view has just been chance it with what I've got - but I'm now thinking on buying a decent waterproof jacket. The gore oxygen 2 is on sale at wiggle for £99. This was pretty much their top jacket until recently but has been superceded.

What do people think? Hopefully it will ride in my jersey pocket for 5 days, but unfortunately there is a risk I'll be wearing it for 5 days solid- so it needs to be capable of both!

I am reliably informed that day 2 of LEL has potential for a lot of rain.

LEL also seems to result in a lot of new kit "just in case". I would imagine those riding LEL would have done a fair bit of riding in the build up so can't quite work this one out rather than using LEL as justification for new kit ;)

I've never owned a Gore jacket but the brand would rate highly on my "they're decent kit" list.

OP
OP
N

Nebulous

Guru
LEL is going to be wall to wall sunshine. Save your money and spend it on sun cream and ice creams during the ride.

Guaranteed? I've sent away for my final big order and it was big enough without a jacket, so I didn't bother. New tyres and chain included.

Looks like my old Altura jacket will be in my pocket.

Top Bottom