Got a 2nd puncture within a month?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Anonymous1502

I got a 2nd tyre puncture within a month, I don't know why it is happening since I regularly pump my tyres so the pressure is never low. Are my tires rubbish? I only had them for 3 months so they aren't old. I am contemplating changing my tyres at this point.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous1502

I got a 2nd tyre puncture within a month, I don't know why it is happening since I regularly pump my tyres so the pressure is never low. Are my tires rubbish? I only had them for 3 months so they aren't old. I am contemplating changing my tyres at this point. I haven't been riding much this month either.

vickster

Legendary Member
What are the tyres? It's been wet around London the last few days for the first time in ages so there'll be lots of debris on the roads. You probably got unlucky

I can't remember when I actually last got a puncture (I only seem to have to replace tubes due to knackered valves :rolleyes:)

Sharky

Guru
I've had 2 punctures in 1 second.
Hit a pothole and it took both tyres out.

As with all punctures, you need to identify the cause and then decide if there is a weakness in the tyre or tube or rim.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
What model of tyres are they? Some are really susceptible / basic, others are fine.

This time of year I swap bikes - my 'best' has Contintental GP4000/5000 tyres on and the 'winter' bike has Continental's GP 4 Seasons. Neither are cheap but they tend not to get punctures.

vickster

Legendary Member
She's got an Allez which might help identify the tyres. Possibly Specialized RoadSport, 700x26 ?

OP
OP
A

Anonymous1502

What model of tyres are they? Some are really susceptible / basic, others are fine.

This time of year I swap bikes - my 'best' has Contintental GP4000/5000 tyres on and the 'winter' bike has Continental's GP 4 Seasons. Neither are cheap but they tend not to get punctures.

I have Espoir Sport, 60 TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x25mm tyres.

Top Bottom