Got *JW'd this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
..as I was expecting a delivery from them,so as I was upstairs getting my cycling gear on the doorbell goes and I rush down giddy with thoughts of my new stuff arriving,open door only to find an old lady and a young girl(20's) stood there.
Oh s**t thinks me,I'm far too polite to shut the door so ended up listening to waffle for the next few minutes about society,and isn't it awful how...kind of talk.
And I now have a copy of The Watchtower that I might put up in the classified section.
thumbsup.png

*JW= Jehovas Witnessed,(Admin)

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
whoops double posted,please delete,thanks.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Oh dear your "published" now they will be back every week. My wife accepted a copy once and now come rain or shine an old lady appears every week or so on a bike with a copy of the watchtower for us. Put it through the shredder and it makes quite good bedding for the rabbits if you take the staples out first :thumbsup:

BSRU

A Human Being
Just talk them about dinosaurs and how can they justify their belief the Earth is only 10,000 years old, works for me every time.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Oh dear your "published" now they will be back every week. My wife accepted a copy once and now come rain or shine an old lady appears every week or so on a bike with a copy of the watchtower for us. Put it through the shredder and it makes quite good bedding for the rabbits if you take the staples out first :thumbsup:

Your rabbits have got staples in?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Tell 'em you are Roman Catholic....works for me..........................:biggrin:

Before anyone goes...OMG...... :wacko: I was brought up RC, and my kids are still, but as I've become educated, I've decided most of the Worlds troubles have been either Religion or Oil based........... so bugger that........... not interested in any of it - just be a good person......... just don't push any religion on anyone else..... SORTED - Do your own Thing............. :biggrin:

asterix

Comrade Member
Just talk them about dinosaurs and how can they justify their belief the Earth is only 10,000 years old, works for me every time.

Nah! Tried that long ago - they love it when you start discussing things so now I just say I am not interested over and over again til they go away. Haven't seen them for about 5 years now.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
We get them every couple of weeks :wacko:

I cannot undersatnd the need for them to knock on complete stranger's doors like they do?

Like Fossy, I was brought up in a religious environment, although I was C of E. Through life I have come to the conclusion that a lot of the bad in the world is caused by religion, oil, drink (excess), drugs and the media. A lot of people lose track of their moral compass (or aren't given one in their upbringing, and (IMO) religions try to fill this vacuum.

Bill Gates

The closet door? :biggrin:

Err I'm in the closet and someone's knocking on the door to come in, or someone else is in the closet and they're knocking to come out. Or is it to do with coming out of the closet; a saying for homosexuals revealing their true sexuality. I can't see anything humorous in any of those scenarios.

You'll have to explain that one I'm afraid.

Top Bottom