Got myself a helmet cam finally. First recording. How's my cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Even though it seems pretty quiet, more shoulder checks imo. There isn't much there to comment on, specifically acting around traffic since there isn't much. Nice downhill section though - I'd hate the return journey home ;)

You mentioned Keighley in another thread - is this it? As it looks familiar to me (has been a while though).

OP
OP
Femto

Femto

Even though it seems pretty quiet, more shoulder checks imo. There isn't much there to comment on, specifically acting around traffic since there isn't much. Nice downhill section though - I'd hate the return journey home ;)

Ta. :smile:
Well, I went the other way on the way to dinner!
It's not too bad really. It's not massively steep. It's quite a long time to be on the power, however.
Yeah I do far more shoulder checks when I'm commuting through the week but as it was so quiet, I could hear when a car etc. was approaching.
I really like that downhill. It's the A629 Halifax Road from the Haworth towards Keighley.

I'd never rely on hearing, specially at speeds above even just 10mph.

Even if I was doing 35-40 down a 30 hill, I wouldn't trust that some bunt in a car would not overtake...

I like Keighley, there is loads of roads named after me around there :tongue:

OP
OP
Femto

Femto

I'd never rely on hearing, specially at speeds above even just 10mph.

Even if I was doing 35-40 down a 30 hill, I wouldn't trust that some bunt in a car would not overtake...

I like Keighley, there is loads of roads named after me around there :tongue:

You're right of course. I'll bear that in mind for definite. Thanks v much. :-)
Roads named after you? I'm trying to think which they might be. Loads of roads..? Hmm, I like a good puzzle.

dondare

Über Member
OK looked like a nice ride for you but really boring to watch. No swearing, arguments, near-death experiences; in fact nothing to laugh at at all.

Tynan

Veteran
yes, send the camera down to London to get some proper footage, you can pretend its yours later

OP
OP
Femto

Femto

yes, send the camera down to London to get some proper footage, you can pretend its yours later

Well, my commute takes me into Bradford city centre. It's crazy on the roads there.
I do seem to recall that one of the major broadsheet newspapers voted Bradford as the least bicycle friendly city in the whole of the UK.
This doesn't surprise me much at all. I'm sure I'll get some incidents on video before long.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
So, I picked up a ContourHD 1080p and stuck it on my helmet.
Went for a ride after Sunday dinner.
I commute 26 miles round trip to work and back 5 days a week and get out and about on the weekends too, so hopefully I cycle correctly....
Please comment away folks. :smile:

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiyd7y0ffXk[/media]

Nice footage, looks like the cam is working a treat although you had it pointing in the wrong direction for the first section of the vid...it was all uphill!!

I'll be honest and say I gave up after the motorcycle chase as there was not much happening, but it does look like a good ride.

cant believe how well the contour handled that actually (ive seen much worse footage filmed on one, looks like you had the set up just right)

oh and yes, look back more..(I'm guilty of that one too)

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
So, I picked up a ContourHD 1080p and stuck it on my helmet.
Went for a ride after Sunday dinner.
I commute 26 miles round trip to work and back 5 days a week and get out and about on the weekends too, so hopefully I cycle correctly....
Please comment away folks. :smile:

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiyd7y0ffXk[/media]

Oh...PS...did the little youtube window insert itself when you typed the link in yopur OP or did you do something to insert it into the post...not sure I've seen that effect before on our little forum?

Oh...PS...did the little youtube window insert itself when you typed the link in yopur OP or did you do something to insert it into the post...not sure I've seen that effect before on our little forum?

Its a new feature in this new forum, you can insert a link to video hosted youtube, similar to inserting a picture hosted on another web site. Its the 'insert media' option at the right of the post tool bar B)

croyde

I commuted from Camden to my home near Wimbledon the other night. Finished late on Saturday night around midnight so through Regent's Park and into the West End and Mayfair. I wish I had footage of that ride. Roads were very busy and lots of very pissed people including the drivers who were getting aggravated by the cycling tri-shaws everywhere. Loads of young ladies scantily dressed. Would have made a great video.

Top Bottom