Got put in my place

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There is a key to overtaking anyone - you must accellerate as you pass, then they can't wheel suck you - comes from TT'ing, especially when overtaking similar 'level of fitness' riders - you've got to put some distance into them (during TT'ing it's incredibly frustraiting to get caught for a minute near the end of a 25 or 50, and the rider just can't get past...)

Twiggy

ColinJ said:
... I've always been embarrassed when guys I'm with do the wolf-whistling thing, so I can only imagine what it feels like to be on the receiving end of it...

Imagine someone old enough to be a parent of yours, who is generally physically unfit, with bad breath, coming over and sitting at your table in a restaurant and trying to chat you up.

It feels a little something like that. An invasion, and somewhat scary.

But still, doesn't stop me from wolf whistling at my friends, but I'd never do it to a stranger.

PBancroft

Twiggy said:
Imagine someone old enough to be a parent of yours, who is generally physically unfit, with bad breath, coming over and sitting at your table in a restaurant and trying to chat you up.

It feels a little something like that. An invasion, and somewhat scary.

But still, doesn't stop me from wolf whistling at my friends, but I'd never do it to a stranger.

What I've never really understood is why people act that way on Internet Forums, especially when posters start clamering over each other.
Female in the forum... FEMALE... FEMALE!

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
patheticshark said:
I speak as a girl roadie who has enough to contend with putting up with cat calls and wolf whistles from white vans and boy racers all the freaking time.
I've never experienced this in all my years on the bike. I don't know whether to feel relieved or gutted :smile:

Top Bottom