Got this today and the qualities pretty good...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
I like the helmet you bought, I wouldn't. buy one myself as there are cheaper alternatives, ...

Mod Edited

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting word, hoover.

Originally a trade name, it has now acquired its own meaning - a vacuum cleaner.

Another one is biro - originally a BIC trade name, it now means ballpoint pen.

Which leads me to a thorny problem - capitals or not?

My view is the word should be capped when it's used to describe a product of the company, but not when using its new meaning.
Actually the name is from Ladislas and Georg Biro who produced the first commercial ball point pen

raleighnut

Legendary Member
My picture indicating the safety certificate. inside the helmet itself like many I've had over the years.
If a faker can manufacture a helmet that looks real then it's a piece of piss to manufacture a label that looks just as real.

Cycling is universal but wearing a colander ain't.

MOD EDITED

Last edited by a moderator:

SamR

Rider on the Lancastrian storm
I agree with everything you say except the same factory bit. Just because its from the same factory doesn't imply safety.
Well, factory and/or production run, unless they were helmets which didn't pass QC.
It all depends on where they're coming from really. Even if they came from the same factory/production run, I would definitely still be hesitant.

OP
OP
blackgoff

blackgoff

May I add I surmounted a pothole in the dark, soo deep, I nearly broke my wrists y.day eve, I toughed out WITH non-branded Raleigh specials (carbon-alu steerer) forks and they stayed together...these Chinese crappy productions tut tut - nowt down for them! #cynical..

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
May I add I surmounted a pothole in the dark, soo deep, I nearly broke my wrists this I toughed out WITH non-branded Raleigh specials (carbon-alu steerer) forks and they stayed together...these Chinese crappy productions tut tut/ nowt down for them! #cynical..
Make your mind up are the forks non-branded or are they Raleigh.

Top Bottom