Gotten...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Has something gotten you annoyed?

GC

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Gervase Phinn, the ex school inspector and now public speaker and raconteur, in his talks recalled the time that he was listening to pupils taking about their lives and a pupil said that he had 'putten his bike away' or something to that effect and Phinn turned to another pupil and asked what the errant pupil had said that was grammatically incorrect. 'That's easy", said the pupil. He's put 'putten' where he should have putten 'put'.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Well his location says he is in the upstairs toilet so i say he has trotted enough and wants to stop.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Gotten is as annoying as cyclists (mostly mountain bikers) who say: "My bike is running XYX tyres/cranks/bars" etc

ayceejay

Guru
I have a son in law who says gotten - we went to friggin' Starbucks and he said to the girl "Can I get a (something or other)?" He asked me what I wanted and I said "An Americano" if you can't beat 'em.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I have a son in law who says gotten - we went to friggin' Starbucks and he said to the girl "Can I get a (something or other)?" He asked me what I wanted and I said "An Americano" if you can't beat 'em.

I'd have said, "A coffee with milk and two sugars"

I don't know why coffee shops make obtaining a cup of coffee so damned difficult.

Top Bottom