GPS Komoot or Ride with GPS?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bad Company

Very Old Person
Mrs BC and I just bought new Cube bikes with a Bosch display for navigation (and other functions) through the Flow app.

Bosch seem to prefer Komoot and that app connects to the Flow app and onto the display. You get one free area with Komoot or £29.99 one off payment to ‘unlock the world’.

Ride GPS seems a bit odd. If I plot a route in the app I need to pay £58.99 annual subscription to save it. If I ignore the app and plot the route on the website I can send the route to the Flow app as a GPX file which costs nothing.

So are others using and am I missing something about using Ride with GPS for free?

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Edit, Ignore me, I must read posts fully before responding

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Re RideWithGPS. Some of the features of the mobile app are premium only. So I'm guessing that sending to the flow app is one of these.

It wouldn't surprise me that some features are premium-only on the app but freely available on the website. In which case you aren't missing anything.

I'm a bit vague about exactly what features because I'm a premium subscriber so I'm not sure what features aren't available for basic subscribers. And I don't use the app a lot anyway. I use the website mostly.

But if you can send GPX files to Flow then surely you're not limited to just Komoot and RWGPS, can you use any planner that produces GPX files? RWGPS is a very good planner - it's my favourite. But it's not everyone's favourite and there are others. So if you can just send GPX files then you have more options (If I've understood correctly)

Last edited:
But if you can send GPX files to Flow then surely you're not limited to just Komoot and RWGPS

If this is correct, then you can also use https://cycle.travel/map
which has a whole range of route file types available for export. Its free to save your routes and transfer them. It has an excellent reputation.

Its run by a chap who posts on this forum and other forums, he lives in the UK so the mapping for us UK users is very on the ball, though other countries are covered too.

Top Bottom