Great article for beginners: An impassioned guide on why not to buy cheap bikes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Neat :okay:

P.S. What are these hills that you talk about? :giggle:
Ah yes, Cambridgeshire....it's a good deal lumpier hereabouts! If I face north, I can go left, down a big hole, up again, and I'm in Cornwall, or right, and go straight up 1200 feet onto Dartmoor. South to Plymouth is a bit easier...North to Okehampton and beyond is...undulating. Yes, undulating. @Heltor Chasca knows exactly what I mean!

Ah yes, Cambridgeshire....it's a good deal lumpier hereabouts! If I face north, I can go left, down a big hole, up again, and I'm in Cornwall, or right, and go straight up 1200 feet onto Dartmoor. South to Plymouth is a bit easier...North to Okehampton and beyond is...undulating. Yes, undulating. @Heltor Chasca knows exactly what I mean!

I bet it is!

The lumpiest ride available around here involves a mere 400 feet of up spread over a distance of some 20 miles. Dutch Hills we have aplenty, however... :laugh:

I’m sure it’s full of sage advice and I really don’t mean to be rude but if I was thinking of buying a bike for the first time and was advised to read that I’d lose the will to live after 4 paragraphs and would buy another LandRover.

Another Land Rover?

And I thought you had class.

Or is that a company car for the staff?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Another Land Rover?

And I thought you had class.

Or is that a company car for the staff?

Well, you do need several for when the other one(s) are broken down !

(Only joking - I do actually like LandRovers - and they are not per se unreliable, though do need a lot of maintenance which isn't quite the same thing)

SasaP

Hmm..just read the article/blog and I am very surprised..because..it really depends why are you buying your bike?..but everybody have the wright for an opinion.

Top Bottom