England : Lancashire Great Manchester Cycle 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
The Brewer

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Its given 14c and cloudy for the start according to the BBC, getting warmer and sunnier during the day. Better pack a light waterproof :smile:

Mello

Number 1502 - Doing the 52 Miles (did 3.02 last year, so will be disappointed if I don't smash 3 hours)

danielstucke

Über Member
I'll be on the 52 starting in the BC area. I'm number 632, will wear my old Orange MTB top as it stands out (jet black and covered in bright oranges!). Looking forward to it.

The route is right by my house - hardly picturesque mind! Looks like some silly hairpin extensions to the route by the OT roundabout to keep the distance up!

jarlrmai

Veteran
where does this bloody number go it says front but surely not? what's the point no-one will be able to see it and theres' the bike one on the front? Also it will go over my zip...

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
where does this bloody number go it says front but surely not? what's the point no-one will be able to see it and theres' the bike one on the front? Also it will go over my zip...

Mine's gone one the front towards the bottom. Wierd place to put it though.

I've a CC jersey so it fits OK, just.

It is on the front.

I've always assumed it's for the benefits of the marshal's, they see you coming, but if no number they can pull you off as an illegal. Might be wrong but that's my thinking.

and yes they do foul your zip if your wearing a jacket, pain in the butt but them's the rules!

Also, if you have a stomach like mine they also crinkle on your legs when your riding :whistle:

jarlrmai

Veteran
how they gonna see it when you are bent over the handle bars, also could they have made it any more difficult to get to from Piccadilly, can't go any of the direct routes? I'll have done 3 miles before I even start.

chernij

Good luck for tomorrow, everyone! Stupid question, but what's the best way of attaching the chest number to the front of the jersey? I've never done anything like this before... I assume string or something? There're the four holes for that... or are people using tape or something??

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Number on the front is for the auto recognition thing on the photos.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I'm # 523 and I'll be doing the 4 laps.
I'll be wearing a white/blue Subaru t-shirt, possibly covered by a grey titanium Assos LS top. For that reason I shan't be wearing the number, I'll make do with the one on my bike.
I'm hoping to hang onto the Chorlton Velo (they're from my LBS) train for as long as possible . So about 7 miles then.
If it makes spotting easier, I'll be riding an On-One Dirty Disco with red Hope hubs.

on the road

Über Member
It is on the front.

I've always assumed it's for the benefits of the marshal's, they see you coming, but if no number they can pull you off as an illegal. Might be wrong but that's my thinking.

and yes they do foul your zip if your wearing a jacket, pain in the butt but them's the rules!

Also, if you have a stomach like mine they also crinkle on your legs when your riding :whistle:
But but...... there's a number on the front of your bike for the chip :huh:

Nick Stone

Damn I forgot about it touching my knees, it better not rain or it could run on to my legs......

Hope the Magic bus doesn't get stuck under the start/finish line or I'll be going for a dive with 10miles left and be after the same time as the fastest one of you guys........

Looks ok weather wise, still in the Manchester cycle top and on a thread somewhere it said wipe bike down with wipes, have baby wipes coming out of ears here, so I did, best tip I've seen in ages. I'll be rocking a shining Scott speedster 10 with RS30's. hope to say hi to a few of you guys tomorrow.

Top Bottom