England : Lancashire Great Manchester Cycle 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
See (some of?) you tomorrow - I'll be in my Cycle Chat jersey, in the BC area at the start if they'll let me have a sticker when I get there. Otherwise I'll be with everyone else.

At least wave when you go past! (Or I go past you?)

chernij

Safety pins it is, if I can find them. Cheers

26 miles done, 1:18:28. Went out too fast and dragged a bunch over the Mancunian Way and up towards MUFC, but then no-one else would take a turn and I blew a gasket.

Just kept plodding and came in with an average 20mph so I'm happy with that considering the limited miles I've done this year.

Didn't appreciate the hairpin bends TBH, would have rather stuck to last years route personally.

Don't know why they felt the need to swap the start and finish around from last year either, but I'm sure there must have been a logistical reason for it.

All in all a good ride, well organised and I'll be back next year, but hopefully fit enough to get back upto the full 52 miles again.

Last minute wardrobe change and went in full CC attire, didn't even get a single nod or a wink? Guess all the CC'ers were on their way home by that stage.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I saw someone in a CC jersey 1777 iirc don't recognise the name.

I posted a 2:14:44 on the 52. My target was sub 2:15 so just made it.
Few too many crashes for my liking with a bad big one on the Mancunian way. There were a few people who had no group riding skills, combined with tri bars of which there were a lot and it is a recipe for a nasty injury.

potsy

Rambler
Few too many crashes for my liking with a bad big one on the Mancunian way. There were a few people who had no group riding skills, combined with tri bars of which there were a lot and it is a recipe for a nasty injury.
Couple of my friends got caught up in the big crash, 1 had to abandon due to his bike not being rideable, the other was able to continue, I couldn't possibly comment on their riding ability :whistle:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hmm glad I didn't bother entering. Too many nobbers who can't group ride. Sportives are bad enough, but a circuit where you get big groups as its flat...

Was it your work mates Potsy. Hope the bikes are fixable.

jarlrmai

Veteran
Lost my chain on 2 hours, got it back on okay though, really enjoyed the ride. Even though I got it a bit wrong at the end.

Just realised my actual name is on that link

basically 20.9 avg

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Couple of my friends got caught up in the big crash, 1 had to abandon due to his bike not being rideable, the other was able to continue, I couldn't possibly comment on their riding ability :whistle:
Won't have been them, they will have got caught by someone else's inexperience.

Top Bottom