England : Lancashire Great Manchester Cycle 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sand

Would I be right in guessing the club in question is that chorlton based one?

I think the organisers secretly would like a european style sportive with the front effectively being a race with prizes given out. A few things made me this this.
1. When the announcer was speaking to Jo Rowsell, I seem to recall talk about it being a race and there being a winner.
2. Giving BC members an advance start when one of the main reasons for getting membership is to get a racing license.
3. A motorbike clearing the path for the front group.

An easy enough solution would be to ask everyone ride as they would drive on a motorway, that is stay left unless overtaking and stay on the outside of turns. A harder way would be to ask for riders to respect each other and possibly slow down.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I suspect that telling people to shoulder check before overtaking, holding your line around corners and observing standard club hand signals when making a move would have eliminated most of the accidents. However I also suspect that over 50% of the riders have no idea what a shoulder check is, how to hold their line going around a corner and what pointing behind your back means. :dry: I may be a bit cynical but seeing two crashes on the day one of which left two of Potsy's mates down, one with a broken wrist and the other crash nearly took me out, has left me thinking that despite all the back slapping the organisers are doing on social media, they do need to try to address safety particularly on the 52 mile ride next year. I would have preferred a safety reminder played when you went through the feed stations, rather than some recorded message of "hey you look good in that lycra" every time you went through The Etihad.:wacko:

With the narrator talking about people taking it seriously :P What type of bike is that at 2:11? Looks amazing!
No, at 1:02 - 1:05 :thumbsup:

Why it's you @DCLane!

I've just seen this video and checked the results page to see who the CC'er was :thumbsup:

You're looking quite deep in thought there DC.

t1al.png

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
No, at 1:02 - 1:05 :thumbsup:

I've just seen this video and checked the results page to see who the CC'er was :thumbsup:

You're looking quite deep in thought there DC.

t1al.png

More likely I was wondering "this guy's built up the bike from parts and not tested it. I already thought today would be carnage, now I know it will!".

Oh, and the smallest CC jersey in the world gets onto a video ^_^

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Would I be right in guessing the club in question is that chorlton based one?.

Yup. Heard from one of the club members. He was actually on the 26, but heard a number of complaints about the club on social media, so they know. He wasn't impressed.

Just stupid behaviour.

Top Bottom