England : Lancashire Great Manchester Cycle 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nick Stone

Sweet ill park n ride then sleep oh and eat

on the road

Über Member
I've just signed myself up for the 52, this will be the first time I've done the Manchester.

I'm a bit miffed that they have made helmet wearing compulsory, but I'll humour them by wearing a helmet (just on this occasion) if it makes them happy :angel:

OP
OP
The Brewer

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Hotels booked, I didn't like the idea of getting the little one up at 5am, drive to Manchester then leave her with Mrs B for 3 hours whilst I do the 52 at 8am.
They can laze in the Hotel until midday now and meet me for the 13miles at 13.45

400bhp

Guru
I've just signed myself up for the 52, this will be the first time I've done the Manchester.

I'm a bit miffed that they have made helmet wearing compulsory, but I'll humour them by wearing a helmet (just on this occasion) if it makes them happy :angel:

insurance requirement probably.

chernij

I can't wait! Just bought a Giant Defy 1 (first road bike, upgrading from Dad's old hybrid). Looking forward to flying through Manchester!

Powely

Other than distance, (if your not used to it), then no the course is not really challenging at all IME.

The write up made it sound challenging to me. I'm confident I can do the miles, just wasn't sure if it was a tough route.

The write up made it sound challenging to me. I'm confident I can do the miles, just wasn't sure if it was a tough route.

Ashton Old Road is a slight incline when returning to the Etihad and there are a couple of small hills on the Mancunian Way, then Chester Road towards Trafford Park is also a slight incline, but none of it is challenging TBH.

Top Bottom