England : Lancashire Great Manchester Cycle 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
To anybody who did it last year: how easy would it be for me to ride the 52 miler then meet up with my wife & son who will be wanting to do the 23 miler then complete together? Is there a good meeting place near the start?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
You start and finish at The Etihad stadium. So no reason why you couldn't say meet at the ramp up towards the registration/start area.

on the road

Über Member
To anybody who did it last year: how easy would it be for me to ride the 52 miler then meet up with my wife & son who will be wanting to do the 23 miler then complete together? Is there a good meeting place near the start?
I'm not sure if they'll allow you to complete the ride together if you're doing the 52 and your wife & son are doing the 23, the 52 starts at 8.00 and the 23 starts at 11.30. I'm sure someone might correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the 52 milers have to be starting their 4th lap before the 23s start.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
After we'd done our laps last year, we rode back down the route to get home since all the other roads in MCR were jammed with the diverted cars :whistle:. No-one attempted to stop us.
On that basis, I reckon that you'll be OK.
I'm possibly going to do something similar since some friends are doing 2 laps and I'm thinking about joining them.

on the road

Über Member
I'm not sure if they'll allow you to complete the ride together if you're doing the 52 and your wife & son are doing the 23, the 52 starts at 8.00 and the 23 starts at 11.30. I'm sure someone might correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the 52 milers have to be starting their 4th lap before the 23s start.
Couple of typos there ;)

I actually meant 26 and not 23 ;)

Anyway mine arrived this morning, looking forward to riding on closed roads.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Mine's arrived: 2082

Also, I've BC membership and can organise my priority start on the morning.

Are others doing the same or do I start early and wait for the CC train to pass so I can draft on the back? :thumbsup:

Oh, and I'll be in my CC jersey.

Nick Stone

I was waiting for everyone to post their numbers and then going to tag behind let everyone drag my sorry arse round, thank you, please sirs. Merci

on the road

Über Member
I believe you'll average more than what you normally do, because it's mostly flat, you don't have to worry about traffic lights and if you get behind some faster cyclists they'll drag you along.

Top Bottom