Great Manchester Cycle 2015 28 June 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Plan on doing this again, thanks for the headsup :thumbsup:

SamR

Rider on the Lancastrian storm
Seriously considering signing up. What's it like in terms of crowding, as since it's just multiple laps of one route, are there likely to be lots of less experienced cyclists (E.G young children) who might swerve and have me off? I've been in events before where that's been the case, unfortunately.
The least I want to happen would be someone have me off and damage my bike:cry:

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
Seriously considering signing up. What's it like in terms of crowding, as since it's just multiple laps of one route, are there likely to be lots of less experienced cyclists (E.G young children) who might swerve and have me off? I've been in events before where that's been the case, unfortunately.
The least I want to happen would be someone have me off and damage my bike:cry:
Check out the website. All under 8's only allowed in the 13 miler, which is when most of the families and youngsters ride. I've only seen a very few children in the 26 mile. Different start times for each distance. There's always a few people who swerve unexpectedly but there's plenty of room after the first few miles as everyone finds their pace. If you do the 52 there's mostly very experienced riders anyway.
I'm looking forward to doing it again.

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
I started a similar thread in the wrong place and didn't know how to move it :blush:

SamR

Check out the website. All under 8's only allowed in the 13 miler, which is when most of the families and youngsters ride. I've only seen a very few children in the 26 mile. Different start times for each distance. There's always a few people who swerve unexpectedly but there's plenty of room after the first few miles as everyone finds their pace. If you do the 52 there's mostly very experienced riders anyway.
I'm looking forward to doing it again.
Yeah, I'd be looking to do the 52 miler. As long as the start times are slightly different, there shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks for the info.

davdandy

If you do the 52 you will find that only the experienced cyclist will be there,for the younger ones the 26 and 13 mile rides are later.I think the 52 starts at 8am like last year,then 11 ish for the 26 and i think the 13 starts at 2pm.So don't worry about the little ones being in your way because will wont be there at the 52.Hope that helps.

SamR

If you do the 52 you will find that only the experienced cyclist will be there,for the younger ones the 26 and 13 mile rides are later.I think the 52 starts at 8am like last year,then 11 ish for the 26 and i think the 13 starts at 2pm.So don't worry about the little ones being in your way because will wont be there at the 52.Hope that helps.
Sounds good. Thanks. I see myself as pretty experienced, been cycling for most of my life, and ridden in groups a few times before.

davdandy

You have plenty time i think.It will only really fill up in the couple of months before the event.Right now you will be fine,even a few weeks should be ok if money needs to be sought.

Top Bottom