Great North Bike Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Have thought about doing this before, but been busy/awaywhen it's been on... this year, I might actually be headed in the opposite direction, on my bike ;) going up the coast to Holy Island... I'll give a wave/encouragement to all i pass :smile: Or, I might actually enter it, if my plans change.

I have done this event in the past when it was a circular route.

I know you can get transport to the start for you and your bike. But I just dont like the idea of my bike being packed in with others. Just a personal thing as i paid quite a lot for it and i doubt if i'll ever buy another one as good.

Hmm, seems interesting, was thinking of maybe doint the Lap of the Lough in Northern Island that day, but proximity and cost mke this a lot more attractive!

If I were to book take my bike up on the train would it be better from Berwick or Alnmouth? I know it would add to the start, and then back from the finish to NCL, it's still be shorther than the Cyclone!

OP
OP
NormanD

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
oakroyd said:
Hmm, seems interesting, was thinking of maybe doint the Lap of the Lough in Northern Island that day, but proximity and cost mke this a lot more attractive!

If I were to book take my bike up on the train would it be better from Berwick or Alnmouth? I know it would add to the start, and then back from the finish to NCL, it's still be shorter than the Cyclone!

You can pay for transport for yourself and your bike from the priory to the start at seahouses £25 that also includes your entry fee.

addictfreak I have been looking at the website for the GNBR. It states that this is a sponsored ride and you 'MUST' raise sponsorship.

Sponsorship is optional I believe

LizardEye

Of course doing it there and back would do away with the transport issues, and make it a really nice distance. I quite fancy it.

Sam Kennedy

I will attend if I can.
About the sponsorship thing, I have copied and pasted this directly off the website:

How much Sponsorship do I have to raise in order to take part?

There is no sponsorship limit. We just recommend you ask friends, family and work friends to sponsor you and help make a difference.

chonkers

got my number a few weeks ago looking forward to it again this yr i did it last yr on a rockhopper with chunky tyres,this yr its a road bike clipped in so just feel a difference just have to remember to unclip lol

Top Bottom