great north run

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
OK, it isn't cycling, but what the heck...
with 13 days to go, a dodgy knee and a streaming cold, I have been offered a (charity) place in the great north run ;) I can do 10 miles without too much bother (running, that is) so not worried too much about completing, but anyone done it? Or similar? any advice for someone who can run a bit but hasn't been in a big organised event?
I refuse to dress as a rhino, transvestite or pirate (in the run... at home is a different matter)... :biggrin:

Desert Orchid

Did it quite a lot in the early years before the knees gave up.

great atmosphere but thousands of people so no room to run at your own pace, no chance of a fast time so just jog along, savour the atmosphere and have a great time.

oh, and shout OGGY OGGY OGGY when you go in the underpass !

Wolf04

Did it in 1984, I've still got the T shirt. It doesn't fit anymore but still got it. Vaseline on the nipples was the best advice I was given.

yenrod

Fnaar said:
OK, it isn't cycling, but what the heck...
with 13 days to go, a dodgy knee and a streaming cold, I have been offered a (charity) place in the great north run :biggrin: I can do 10 miles without too much bother (running, that is) so not worried too much about completing, but anyone done it? Or similar? any advice for someone who can run a bit but hasn't been in a big organised event?
I refuse to dress as a rhino, transvestite or pirate (in the run... at home is a different matter)... :biggrin:

All the best....for the run !

Top Bottom