Great Nottingham Bike Ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cullin

Über Member
Planning to join the Great Nottingham Bike Ride in June 2009, so far there will be 4 of us on Trikes (50 miles) and 3 on bikes (18 miles). This is just in our family, thousands turn up from all over.

I wonder home many of you will be attending. Trikes and Bikes.

Hope to meet you there.

gratts

Didn't know this existed, might well do it :bicycle:

marc-triker

Veteran
Nottingham isn't to far away so depending on the dates. Who are the triker's if you don't mind me asking and where are they from?? i have a Trice Classic and N-ick has a Trice QNT.

OP
OP
Cullin

Cullin

Über Member
Looks like the date this year is 21st June 2009.
On ICE Q's Myself and my Son, Brother in law and his wife on Redmount Rollers, Sister in Law, her husband and my wife on DF bikes, Son is riding my wifes ICE Q, as she wants to ride with her sister on the 18 mile route.
This webite has some details and a link to Notts City Council site.
There is a camp site across the road from the water sports centre, should think booking a plot in advance maybe a good idea.
http://tinyurl.com/Notts-Bike-Ride

I have e-mailed Notts CC for more details.

gratts

Might put my name down for the 50 miler and build up fitness between now and then and see how well I can go ;)
The link to the NCC site - I can only find info on last years (2008) ride? Any idea what route the 50 mile would be?

marc-triker

Veteran
oh no!!!!!!! the Nott's ride and the York weekend clash m8 so sadly i won't be able 2 attend both as planned......... we can still meet up n ride when ever you want......

I am planning on being at York.

OP
OP
Cullin

Cullin

Über Member
OK Marc,
Don't worry about not making the GNBR, I will give you a phone call on a Saturday if it ever gets warm enough for a Sunday ride to catch up with you and N-ck.

Catrike,
Thanks for the PM on the Static trainer, If it is suitable and price not too high, there may be two units to be had at this end.

Cheers to you both.

OP
OP
Cullin

Cullin

Über Member
Just had an e-mail reply from Hugh at Pedals, who wrote.
"I understand that the Great Notts Bike Ride this year will be on Sunday 21 June.
Entry forms are usually available online and in paper form (from libraries
and cycle shops, and Trent Bridge House, West Bridgord) from late
March/early April".
I hope this helps.

OP
OP
Cullin

Cullin

Über Member
This is the information so far on the Nottingham County Council website.
http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/bikeride

The 2009 Great Nottinghamshire Bike Ride is scheduled to take place on Sunday 21 June 2009.
The ride is open to people of all ages and abilities and riders are encouraged to raise sponsorship while they ride.
Entry forms for the 2009 ride will be available in early April. If you would like an entry form posted or emailed to you please email:
bikeride@nottscc.gov.uk
There will be 18 and 50 mile rides as well as a longer sportive ride (about 75 miles). There will also be a lap challenge (at Holme Pierrepont) for less experienced riders. Details of the routes and sponsorship forms will be available in April.

Top Bottom