Great old TV series (preferably drama)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
on page one :smile:

it's far superior to many cop shows, before or since... gritty and funny and unlike many of its contemporaries, hasn't dated badly at all.
The Sweeney can be quite dark at times. I particularly liked the end of one episode when he says to Carter along the lines of "it's a dirty world George, but keep it to yourself, because nobody wants to know".

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
The Sweeney can be quite dark at times. I particularly liked the end of one episode when he says to Carter along the lines of "it's a dirty world George, but keep it to yourself, because nobody wants to know".

A bit before my time, but the early episodes of The Sweeney were the best. That's when the Flying Squad and the blaggers got into proper fights. Then Mary Whitehouse came along and started complaining about the violence, and like everything good, it got watered down. I did not like the episodes when either Carter or Regan had a romantic interest, and I did not like those when they had 'shooters' much neither.

classic33

Leg End Member
One of my favourite programmes as a child was 'Get Some In!'. It was a comedy about RAF national servicemen in the 1950s. I saw a repeat recently, it was absolute rubbish. I could understand why a child would enjoy it though.
Did you spot the obvious mistake on the opening credits?

Top Bottom