Great relaxing YouTube content

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi.
Well, with plenty of time on my hands at the moment I've now caught up with all those jobs that have been needed. The garden is now looking ornamental, the car is now running in fine fettle after tackling the string of jobs it desperately needed and the kitchen floor is once again clean. I've even taken the mudgards off the hoover.
The tv though is absolutely rubbish to watch. Repeats of the Sweeney followed by the depressing adverts of funeral plans and save the donkeys is just to much to bare and have resolved to watching YouTube content.
At the moment I'm enjoying watching webcams and one in particular is the Wakefield peregrine falcon project. It's not the most exciting thing to watch, but so nice to see nature as it happens. The chicks hatched out the other day and find it amazing watching them progress.
Colin Furze, Edd Prat unicycling around the world and in particular C90 Adventures are also well worth a watch

Bob Ross - The Joy of Painting is my new guilty pleasure.

I have no interest in painting, or art in general for that matter, although Miss Smoo does, but Bob's the hero we all need right now, his calm demeanour and little sayings are infectious and a great way to relax with everything that's going on in the world.

View: https://youtu.be/8ysFkNYwhAE

His demeanour is all the more surprising when you learn he spent 20 years in the US military and, according to Wiki, having held military positions that required him to be, in his own words, "tough" and "mean", "the guy who makes you scrub the latrine, the guy who makes you make your bed, the guy who screams at you for being late to work." Ross decided that if he ever left the military, he would never yell or raise his voice again".

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
I don't know if it counts as relaxing (most of it is, but there are a few moments of excitement or tension here and there) but in this household, since lockdown we've been addicted to Wild Earth's Live Safaris.

View: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLg-ZmYeeKdTvjUaG23DoRacU0BpBfpoQd

For anyone who's been on an African safari before, they'll be familiar with the concept of two game drives a day, except instead of a jeep full of tourists, there's now just the driver/presenter up front and a cameraman in the back seat, streaming live, finding animals and answering audience questions, all from a variety of parks across South Africa.

We only found it by accident because we were originally set to go on a safari in June (now currently re-scheduled for October) and did a search to see what was happening during lockdown in those areas. Now we're pretty much watching every single one!

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I enjoy watching people fly light aircraft in great scenery. As long as it doesn't have stupid music dubbed over the top of it and also bushcraft and people exploring their local areas for history most have forgotten... I really don't get much time to watch a great deal of youtube but a bit more recently....

Top Bottom