Great sporting reads?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

runner

Guru
I've always been an avid reader and apart from enjoying crime and horror I also read biographies including of course sports biographies. In particular ( as I originate from N Ireland) I have read nearly everything about the tumultuous lives and loves of George Best and Alex "hurricane" Higgins. Naturally I read books on cycling and, although I hate to admit, I particularly enjoyed "It's not about the bike".....by him who we shall not name! In the next few weeks I hope to read the new Jimmy White "Second Wind" and Reg Harris "The rise and fall of Britain's greatest cyclist" the winner of 2 silver medals at the 1948 olympics. I am always open to recommendations and look forward to your sporting suggestions...

stephec

Legendary Member
The Escape Artist - M. Seaton
French Revolutions - T. Moore

I've read that many sports biographies it would take ages to try and remember them all, I'll do my best.

pawl

Legendary Member
I've always been an avid reader and apart from enjoying crime and horror I also read biographies including of course sports biographies. In particular ( as I originate from N Ireland) I have read nearly everything about the tumultuous lives and loves of George Best and Alex "hurricane" Higgins. Naturally I read books on cycling and, although I hate to admit, I particularly enjoyed "It's not about the bike".....by him who we shall not name! In the next few weeks I hope to read the new Jimmy White "Second Wind" and Reg Harris "The rise and fall of Britain's greatest cyclist" the winner of 2 silver medals zat the 1948 olympics. I am always open to recommendations and look forward to your sporting suggestions...

addman100

Guru
'Racing through the dark' by David Millar is an excellent read.

pawl

Legendary Member
would you believe it pawl I have just been reading the excellent reviews about Nicole's Cooke on Amazon
I have not been able to find a copy of the book,Amzon are waiting for copies as are my local Waterstones. Down loaded to my I pad via I tunes.Much prefer holding a book,though it is cheaper than the hard back version advertised at Amazon.

TVC

Barting Mechanicals by Andy Allsop is a great read for both cyclists, and those with a tie-wrap fetish.

Top Bottom