Greatest band, greatest frontman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
:wahhey:
Roger Chapman - Family
Quite unforgettable warbling gravelly voice, awesome. Shame i never took to his post Family stuff.
Years after he'd apparently disappeared from mainsteam music, i was listening to Shadow on the Wall by Mike Oldfield. I nearly jumped out my chair...THATS GOTTA BE ROGER CHAPMAN :ohmy::wahhey:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Quite unforgettable warbling gravelly voice, awesome. Shame i never took to his post Family stuff.
Years after he'd apparently disappeared from mainsteam music, i was listening to Shadow on the Wall by Mike Oldfield. I nearly jumped out my chair...THATS GOTTA BE ROGER CHAPMAN :ohmy::wahhey:

He's really good live but I could never listen to one of his records.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Maz's older brother was Family's Tour Manager, before they became famous (in fact before they became Family) they all used to hang around in the kitchen of her parents house in Wigston. They had several names before becoming Family though including 'The Strollers', The Farinas' and 'The Roaring Sixties'.

Reactions: gbb

winjim

Smash the cistern
Public Enemy - Best frontman, Flavor Flav. Best backing, Professor Griff and the S1W.

Are they supporting the Prodigy at the moment, @AndyRM ? I bet that was an awesome gig.

AndyRM

XOXO
Public Enemy - Best frontman, Flavor Flav. Best backing, Professor Griff and the S1W.

Are they supporting the Prodigy at the moment, @AndyRM ? I bet that was an awesome gig.

Yup. It was a belter, though the S1W are no more. They played basically the same set I'd seen over summer at this random festival in Stockton but it was cool to see them on a bigger stage.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Yup. It was a belter, though the S1W are no more. They played basically the same set I'd seen over summer at this random festival in Stockton but it was cool to see them on a bigger stage.
Did they do the Chuck on harmonica / Flav on drum kit bit? That was hilarious when they did it at Tramlines.

gbb

Legendary Member
Amazingly, it was just on the radio (Planet Rock)...first time ive heard it in ages.

Top Bottom