Greetings from New Zealand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm at Franz Joseph waiting for the weather to clear so I can go to the glacier. The last 36 hours have produced some of the heaviest rain I've ever seen which is unsurprising given that the rainfall here is 5 metres a year.

I'm glad I'm not cycle touring.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
That's more rain than even Wales has ;)

longers

Legendary Member
[post in the style of the previous poster]

Have a mint time on the glacier you old fox :sad: [/style]

longers said:
[post in the style of the previous poster]

Have a mint time on the glacier you old fox :sad: [/style]

Sweet! :ohmy:

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
wafflycat said:
Been nibbled by a Kea yet?

Seen a Kakapo?

I've seen over 30 species of birds that I've seen before, but the highlight so far was a Wandering Albatross only about 40 metres away when I went whale watching. I made a bit of an exhibition of myself by gibbering with excitement. :sad:

redcogs

Guru
Patrick Stevens said:
I've seen over 30 species of birds that I've seen before, but the highlight so far was a Wandering Albatross only about 40 metres away when I went whale watching. I made a bit of an exhibition of myself by gibbering with excitement. :sad:

Patrick old chum. Hate to point this out, but seeing over 30 species of birds that you have already seen before is not that exciting. Can you try and liven up the lacklustre posting with a sprinkling of the exotic?

And the Albatross will not do - i'm told by Oddie or someone that they are a monogamous beastie.

Enjoy and keep safe. Hire a bike.

Top Bottom