New Samsung phone from Kazakhstan

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

I broke my phone, well not actually broke it but some FB sat on it & bent it, I didn't realise this & thought it had just failed, it was £285 8 weeks ago so it was sent it off the Samsung to be repaired. They have replied to say it's not covered under warranty as it's bent and they want £315 to repair it, so I told them No.

Bought the same phone again off Amazon, when it arrived it was in a proper Samsung box but with no English writing on it anywhere. Booted it up & by playing with the keys got it into English & all was good but something was niggling me, so I contacted Samsung UK support & gave them the IMEI number who advised that it was a phone that shouldn't be on the UK market & was supposed to be in Kazakhstan. They would offer no warranty on the product, I contacted the seller who initially claimed that it was covered under a Global warranty until I pointed out that was not what Samsung had advised, they at that point agreed to take it back & refund.

But I wonder how many other people just accepted theirs expecting to get a full warranty, also wonder how they are entering the country, I'm sure all the import & VAT is being paid on them, Not!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Lot's of grey imports I'd suspect, especially via Amazon re-sellers (not Amazon itself)

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Was this really a surprise? There's a good reason why things are cheap.

If you buy something at a low price from an unknown seller, you should expect you won't get the same product or service that you would from a reputable seller.

Caveat emptor.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Was this really a surprise?r.
Sorry to disappoint you with my naivety but yes it did, it wasn't significantly cheaper than the one I bought 8 weeks ago, I think £8 maybe, so it's not like it was £50-60 cheaper which would have rung the alarm bells.

Drago

Legendary Member
Mrs D has had 5 in a row as work phones, and I now have one. They're fine, just run of the mill android phones but with a 4 or 5 day battery life.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
i would go through the amazon returns procedure to see if you can send it back
"

Returns and refunds​

Please see the returns and refunds help pages for more information, including our returns and refunds policies, which set out your statutory rights and our policies and processes.

Follow guidance via the Returns Centre to select the item you wish to return. You will see different return options depending on the seller, item, or reason for return. Currently, self-shipment may be the only available option for returns of items sold by third-party sellers and fulfilled by Amazon from the European Union. Please see self-ship guidance for international returns for details for returning by self-shipment.

Title to returned items does not transfer from you to the third-party seller who sold the international product until the item arrives at our fulfilment centre or such other location as we may specify. In certain situations, at our discretion, you may be issued a refund without being required to return the international product. In this situation, you retain title to the refunded item"

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Sorry to disappoint you with my naivety but yes it did, it wasn't significantly cheaper than the one I bought 8 weeks ago, I think £8 maybe, so it's not like it was £50-60 cheaper which would have rung the alarm bells.

So why not just buy from a reputable retailer?

Top Bottom