New Samsung phone from Kazakhstan

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
They're just phones, innit? You pick your preferred OS then its just a case of battery life, screen resolution, cost, memory and processor prererences.

Theres not really any good or bad, just a case of choosing a spec that suits your needs. I'm a grown up and not really interested in phones so Mrs D got me the G22 because of the battery life, and thwt suits me down to the ground.

richardfm

Veteran
Wouldn't touch a Motorola with a barge pole had them before they were useless

I'm on about my third Motorola phone. They have all been perfectly good for my needs and I have never paid much more than £200 for them
Why do you say they are useless?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Why do you say they are useless?

They don't or rather the last one I had use a vanilla Android OS, they use their own which I found annoying, software I wanted to run worked differently, the controls were different I just couldn't get on with it, it also didn't do WiFi calling, banking or a compass

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

So why not just buy from a reputable retailer?
Are you advising Amazon is not?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

i would go through the amazon returns procedure to see if you can send it back
"

Returns and refunds​

Please see the returns and refunds help pages for more information, including our returns and refunds policies, which set out your statutory rights and our policies and processes.

Follow guidance via the Returns Centre to select the item you wish to return. You will see different return options depending on the seller, item, or reason for return. Currently, self-shipment may be the only available option for returns of items sold by third-party sellers and fulfilled by Amazon from the European Union. Please see self-ship guidance for international returns for details for returning by self-shipment.

Title to returned items does not transfer from you to the third-party seller who sold the international product until the item arrives at our fulfilment centre or such other location as we may specify. In certain situations, at our discretion, you may be issued a refund without being required to return the international product. In this situation, you retain title to the refunded item"

It's gone back at their expense, they say they have refunded just waiting for it to hit the account

richardfm

Veteran
They don't or rather the last one I had use a vanilla Android OS, they use their own which I found annoying, software I wanted to run worked differently, the controls were different I just couldn't get on with it, it also didn't do WiFi calling, banking or a compass

That must have been a very basic one, or a long time ago.
Mine does WiFi calling, banking and compass. All the apps I want to run on it work.
Yes, it had it's version of Andry, but so do Samsung phones. It really doesn't take long to get used to.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller

Obviously it isn't. They've just flogged you a dodgy kazhakstani phone!

Amazon is a way for unscrupulous del boys to latch on to a monopolistic tax avoiding exploitative behemoth to sell objects of dubious origin to the gullible, thence making trillions for the unlikeable owner.

Of course, there are plenty of genuine businesses that rely on its monopoly too.

Venod

Eh up
It's just random people selling stuff.

Some of the stuff is supplied by Amazon with their guarantee, I have successfully claimed a refund and replacement items through them, they provide a very good service in this respect.
But some of the stuff is not covered by Amazon guarantees and any claims returns are with the original sellers, which may or not be OK, it's buyer beware.

Jenkins

Legendary Member

Was the seller Amazon itself or one of the random entities that sets up a 'shop' on there and has the order fulfilled (picked and packed) by them, or just uses it as a shop front and ships from their own warehouse/spare room

Amazon is a reputable seller, the FBA system is open to abuse and should be treated with caution.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

That must have been a very basic one, or a long time ago.
Mine does WiFi calling, banking and compass. All the apps I want to run on it work.
Yes, it had it's version of Andry, but so do Samsung phones. It really doesn't take long to get used to.
Just looked it was/is a Moto E7, it's personal choice, I had a bad experience with that phone & won't buy another of the brand, if they work for you then that's good.
Obviously it isn't. They've just flogged you a dodgy kazhakstani phone!

Amazon is a way for unscrupulous del boys to latch on to a monopolistic tax avoiding exploitative behemoth to sell objects of dubious origin to the gullible, thence making trillions for the unlikeable owner.

Of course, there are plenty of genuine businesses that rely on its monopoly too.
Yes
Was the seller Amazon itself or one of the random entities that sets up a 'shop' on there and has the order fulfilled (picked and packed) by them, or just uses it as a shop front and ships from their own warehouse/spare room

Amazon is a reputable seller, the FBA system is open to abuse and should be treated with caution.
One of businesses that sell through Amazon, claiming to ship from a shop in Ruislip

Top Bottom