Gta4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

shogun12345 said:
unlucky there. i'll try to tone down how good the ps3 is :laugh: all i can say is you won't be disapointed if you havn't already played on one

on an unrelated topic since i can't be bothered to start a new thread. how bad does Wii fit look? :angry: just seen an advert for it :ohmy:

It looks about as useful as that 'Reebok Step' that floundered and died years ago.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
RSX has 256Mb of GDDR3 actually. Anyway the PS3 can run GTA4 and the Wii can't not because of this but because the RSX is based on the G70/71 whereas scant details about hollywood suggest it is similar to the game cube's gpu but taking advantage of newer fabs etc.

Got the game preordered. Hope it turns up quickly!

PrettyboyTim

marinyork said:
RSX has 256Mb of GDDR3 actually. Anyway the PS3 can run GTA4 and the Wii can't not because of this but because the RSX is based on the G70/71 whereas scant details about hollywood suggest it is similar to the game cube's gpu but taking advantage of newer fabs etc.

Yeah, the RSX has 256 Mb, but overall the PS3 has 512Mb of memory.

I guess the thing to remember with the Wii is that it's not even twice as powerful as the gamecube. In fact, its tech specs are actually very close to the original Xbox, so it's unreasonable to expect games that go much beyond what the Xbox could do.

PrettyboyTim

Oh, I wouldn't underestimate the Wii fit. I remember laughing when the DS came out with my other gamer friends at how shoot and gimmicky it was and thinking how badly it would compare against the PSP. How wrong I was. I also remember thinking the Wii would do fairly well but that people would be lured away by the power of the 360 and PS3. The Wii is consistently outselling them both.

So... I think the Wii fit might do quite well. Its only real competition is the old EyeToy Kinetix on PS2 and unlike Kinetix, it looks as if the Wii Fit is getting a big marketing push, which should translate into a lot of sales.

PrettyboyTim said:
Oh, I wouldn't underestimate the Wii fit. I remember laughing when the DS came out with my other gamer friends at how shoot and gimmicky it was and thinking how badly it would compare against the PSP. How wrong I was. I also remember thinking the Wii would do fairly well but that people would be lured away by the power of the 360 and PS3. The Wii is consistently outselling them both.

So... I think the Wii fit might do quite well. Its only real competition is the old EyeToy Kinetix on PS2 and unlike Kinetix, it looks as if the Wii Fit is getting a big marketing push, which should translate into a lot of sales.

yeah i know. it probably will but just isn't something i would ever buy so i critisize it instead :rolleyes: just seems so expensive for something to stand on. save yourself some money buy a set of scales and do some walking instead. but thats just my opinion. i'd maybe like to give it ago one day just to see if my perceptions are right. to be honest i never liked the wii when it first came out and never thought i would own one but i do now so it just shows you

walker

marinyork said:

Got the game preordered. Hope it turns up quickly!

WTF? can I be the first to hand you your nerd badge

walker said:
WTF? can I be the first to hand you your nerd badge

;)

Stwutter

I think that, generally speaking, the latest generation on consoles (360, PS3 etc.) have been a bit of a let down. There's no doubt that they're far more powerful, but I've yet to play more than 2 or 3 games that have genuinely surprised me. By all acounts, GTA4 will be the first game to truly stretch these consoles to the limit, and the reviews have all been thru the roof.

And you can shoot stuff, which is always fun.

Stwutter said:
I think that, generally speaking, the latest generation on consoles (360, PS3 etc.) have been a bit of a let down. There's no doubt that they're far more powerful, but I've yet to play more than 2 or 3 games that have genuinely surprised me. By all acounts, GTA4 will be the first game to truly stretch these consoles to the limit, and the reviews have all been thru the roof.

And you can shoot stuff, which is always fun.

Yeah totally agree. the reason I bought my ps3 in the first place was for games like gta4. thte selection upto know really hasn't been very impressive. curently i only have 5 games for it, 2 of which came with the console. but with games like gta4 and mgs4 coming out soon i'm sure i'll be spending alot more time on it

and ;) btw

Stwutter

shogun12345 said:
Yeah totally agree. the reason I bought my ps3 in the first place was for games like gta4. thte selection upto know really hasn't been very impressive. curently i only have 5 games for it, 2 of which came with the console. but with games like gta4 and mgs4 coming out soon i'm sure i'll be spending alot more time on it

and ;) btw

I have a 360, which has over a year's more titles than the PS3 due to the release dates, and it's much the same. Having said that, when you do hit upon a cracker, it can be outstanding - PGR4 for example. It's stunning. But I've gotta feeling GTAIV might just mean PGR4 get's pretty dusty over the summer... :rolleyes:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
There are plenty of good 360 games imho, I've been pleasantly surprised. Test Drive, PGR3, PGR4, Virtua Tennis 3, Bully, Ratatouille and of course Bioshock. Anyway I've liked their rewards and some of the mini games you can get too.

Top Bottom