Guerrilla Pruning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Getting fed up of scratches and stings and wet willies from the trees, a couple of weeks ago I invested in some cheap secateurs and put them in the panniers. On the way home from work, maybe once or twice a week, I stop for a few minutes of guerrilla Pruning.

The path gets overgrown in places, especially this time of year with the warmth and rain, so I lop off the low brambles and nettles and chop anything overhanging. It's a 9 mile stretch so there's plenty to keep me busy.

I think that since I started someone else has joined in because I see evidence of pruning that is not my work so, to that person, thank you for joining in! Your work is appreciated. Identify yourself.

If you're the man who startled me this evening causing me to spin round brandishing my blades, I'm sorry! You had a look like you thought I was going to stab you for your bicycle. That's why I felt compelled to blurt out my quick explanation as you sped off in fear of your life.

If you're the other guy who thanked me this evening; you didn't need to (my actions are only very gently seasoned with an element of altruism).

Most especially, if you're the guy who called out "legend" the other week; thanks!! You made my day.

:smile:

Funny you post this now. I've just returned from same. However, I went out all guns blazing. Secateurs and lopper and gardener's gloves. Brambles and some bush of unknown species.

What colour balaclava did you wear? Mine was black.

Gorilla pruning? This one could do with a trim.

27ef0d7ae713d53797f368e1f132fbe7--cute-hair-hair-dos.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
Mossy is part of a crack team of gardeners on that path

View attachment 369531

You just had to say 'crack'.

screenman

Legendary Member
My wife takes the lawnmower down our drive and cuts the grass between curb and pavement, she has been told by 3 different people that she is doing somebody out of a job. Highways or whoever cut it 3 times or so a year if we leave it.

Top Bottom