Guerrilla Pruning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MossCommuter
Didn't someone once claim that the only reason any path was kept clear was because him and his mates drove up them in 4x4s?

I forget what happened next....
Must've been before my time

pjd57

Veteran
I cross Balmore Rd in Glasgow, fast , narrow , dangerous etc.
Come out the cemetery gate, straight across and on to the path round Possil Marsh. The gate is locked , so it's a squeeze through the jaggy stuff.
After a few scratches I took the secateurs with me.

Two minutes. Job done. Safe passage to the canal.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You could always put Tumbleweed in the tank.
bike sprayer.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Home-Kit...-TumbleWeed-Weedkiller-Concentrate/B0017RMJ68

MikeG

Guru
My wife takes the lawnmower down our drive and cuts the grass between curb and pavement, she has been told by 3 different people that she is doing somebody out of a job. Highways or whoever cut it 3 times or so a year if we leave it.

Drives me bonkers, that silly argument. There were genuinely people in Leicester when I lived there who would deliberately throw rubbish out of the car window, or drop it on pavements in town to "give someone a job".

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Drives me bonkers, that silly argument. There were genuinely people in Leicester when I lived there who would deliberately throw rubbish out of the car window, or drop it on pavements in town to "give someone a job".
Most of em seem to do it outside my £*^&!^& house. :cursing:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
My previous nextdoor-but-one neighbour used to take it upon himself to cut the verges on our side of the road, with his electric lawnmower. But the cable didn't stretch to the last two feet of verge by my drive, which he just left to grow a foot high. It looked awful, as though I couldn't be bothered to mow the verge properly, and annoyed me so much that I asked him politely if he could stop mowing the bit outside my house altogether. He took offence and didn't speak to me for ten years (which was no hardship as he was horrible). :rolleyes:
:notworthy:

Licramite

Über Member
What a good idea, - I regularly hit the same brambles/tree - admittedly I would need a chain saw on some bits , (I admit when I saw guerrilla pruning I thought you were pruning somewhere else and it was about hair sticking through licra)
We couldn't hire you out as in my village we have a devil of job to get the hedges cut.

His extension cable probably went another 100yds he just didn't like you - it was his way of showing it,

Globalti

Legendary Member
Quite a few mountain bikers carry secateurs and a pruning saw at this time of year:

FELCO_600-01.jpg

I used to lop branches and once a buddy and I spent an afternoon collecting five black bin bags full of paper cement sacks, plastic and polythene sheet that had blown over to a local footpath from a building site and we dumped them in front of the show home. On the same footpath, which is cobbled, one single cobble worked out like a bad tooth and I knew it was only a matter of time before its neighbours came out and the path would begin to break up so I went up with a spade, lifted out the cobble, cleared the accumulated grit from its hole, replaced the cobble, packed the grit in all around and I'm happy to report that it is still there and the path in excellent condition 20 years later despite heavy use.

Top Bottom