Guilty of causing serious injury by dangerous driving - 3 years jail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A woman who deliberately ploughed into a cyclist after being confronted about using her mobile phone behind the wheel has been jailed for three years.

2000.jpg

Slick

Guru
Really beggars belief. She's due to give birth in November, what happens there?

Drago

Legendary Member
As ever, should be banned for life. If she'd used a shotgun to injure someone she would be banned for life from ever being licenced again. Howevwr. because cars are so damned convenient , because the legislators all have them, and because it was only a cyclist after all, she'll get her licence back eventually. That boils my wee wee.

gaijintendo

Veteran
This seems [like an] appropriate [punishment, given how lenient these things often are]. Don't approve of kicking someone's mirror mind you, but I'm a pious eejit.
[Edits]

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
I couldn't disagree Mr Tendo. While I'm pleased the lass got her comeuppemce, if Mr Cyclist had kept himself to himself he wouldn't have ended up in hospital with a serious liver injury.

I'm a great advocate of not participating in road rage or confrontation, because the three years in prison won't undo pain or repair organ damage. The Father of my Daughters friend died during a road rage incident, and the time in prison the offending party got won't raise the victim from the dead.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I couldn't disagree Mr Tendo. While I'm pleased the lass got her comeuppemce, if Mr Cyclist had kept himself to himself he wouldn't have ended up in hospital with a serious liver injury.

I'm a great advocate of not participating in road rage or confrontation, because the three years in prison won't undo pain or repair organ damage. The Father of my Daughters friend died during a road rage incident, and the time in prison the offending party got won't raise the victim from the dead.
It's pride. Nobody likes having their actions criticised, and when they're in the wrong people will just double down if confronted. They're not exactly going to enter into a rational debate. So the situation escalates from phone use, to shouting, to mirror kicking, to ramming somebody with a car.

oldstrath

Über Member
Assaulting someones car is never going to end well.
I thought you could only assault a person? I know some people are a bit precious about their boxes, but trying to kill someone for a few quid damage really should get you a long sentence and a no license card.

Still wonder why the charge was crap driving rather than attempted murder. If I took revenge on a motorist with a baseball bat would that be dangerous use of sports equipment?

Top Bottom