Guy Martin v The Robot Car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Did anyone else watch this on Sunday evening??

Interesting indeed

Without going into the ethics of it, as Guy was shown pondering, the technology was thought provoking

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/guy-martin-vs-the-robot-car/on-demand/66671-001

PLus;
- did anyone else notice the 'Skull & Spanners' tile inset, into the barn roof?
- the Nigel stained glass^_^

As for that Volvo 'Amazon', it's still amazing!!!
One of the GPs, at my Surgery, has that model, the Ludicrous, as a setting, & the Warp-Drive icon was humourous on the Tesla

screenman

Legendary Member
It made easy viewing. I always enjoy his programs.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Did anyone else watch this on Sunday evening??

Interesting indeed

Without going into the ethics of it, as Guy was shown pondering, the technology was thought provoking

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/guy-martin-vs-the-robot-car/on-demand/66671-001

PLus;
- did anyone else notice the 'Skull & Spanners' tile inset, into the barn roof?
- the Nigel stained glass^_^

As for that Volvo 'Amazon', it's still amazing!!!
One of the GPs, at my Surgery, has that model, the Ludicrous, as a setting, & the Warp-Drive icon was humourous on the Tesla

Amusing unintentional hyperlink. :smile:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I watched a bit of it, but was interrupted. I always enjoy Guy Martin, and I found the technology and level of attempted AI to be far beyond what I thought was doable. That said, it's worrying to think that a driverless car with a dedicated team of engineers can still spin out, but I guess that's what R&D is for.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Anyone else taken the ethical test he showed?

His answer surprised me but his real-life ethics haven't stopped him from accumulating 21 points on his driving licence and avoiding disqualification three times.
He's an entertaining and funny guy but he can't seem to tell the difference between a public road and a race track.

classic33

Leg End Member
I watched a bit of it, but was interrupted. I always enjoy Guy Martin, and I found the technology and level of attempted AI to be far beyond what I thought was doable. That said, it's worrying to think that a driverless car with a dedicated team of engineers can still spin out, but I guess that's what R&D is for.
Unable to read track conditions, automated vehicle that had the circuit locked into it.

His answer surprised me but his real-life ethics haven't stopped him from accumulating 21 points on his driving licence and avoiding disqualification three times.
He's an entertaining and funny guy but he can't seem to tell the difference between a public road and a race track.
He does race on public roads.

Well he did, till he kept nearly killing himself.

Top Bottom