Guy Martin v The Robot Car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
He reminds me of Fred Dibnah

Apart from not being dead and not climbing every chimney he sees, he is just like him.

D

Deleted member 26715

Unable to read track conditions, automated vehicle that had the circuit locked into it.
Yes, that has always been one of my concerns the ability to understand changing conditions, but I suppose that was something they learnt from Guy, they need extra algorithms to monitor tyre temperatures, might not be required in the real world but are in the development area they are in. The Transit van tto me was more worrying.
Yes, and with Dooley's slow drawl, it does have to be a v good program to be able to get to the end.
Good job it was then

screenman

Legendary Member
He does remind me of many of the racing lads around these parts who have done well for themselves, some of whom he mentions in his books.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
His answer surprised me but his real-life ethics haven't stopped him from accumulating 21 points on his driving licence and avoiding disqualification three times.
He's an entertaining and funny guy but he can't seem to tell the difference between a public road and a race track.

It's a little unfair to keep posting this in every Guy Martin thread I come across. But it's a cycling forum, we don't like speeders and his testimonial (he's top of the list as he's a sleb) probably gives an indication of what the "real" GM is like

http://www.keepmeontheroad.co.uk/testimonials/

"I recently used Anton to defend me on my speeding case. It was going to be a difficult one having argued exceptional hardship twice in the last 18 months. Anton put together a novel argument outlining the impact of a driving ban on television production companies and charitable organisations with which I work. The court accepted the argument and I escaped a driving ban. When it comes to driving offences, as a professional motorcycle racer and lorry driver I would not hesitate to recommend Anton and his team.’ – Guy Martin, Road Racer, Engine Builder, Professional Pistonhead and Star of film and TV, Lincolnshire"

TMN to @glasgowcyclist of course

Yes. Is it visible on satellite pics yet? ;)
Not sure, but here's a photograph of the TV screen, showing a barn
'Somewhere near Grimsby'

DSCF4112 - Copy.JPG

And, Nigel

DSCF4113 - Copy.JPG

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I hope he's learnt but maybe not yet enough to get that testimonial removed:

"Once the holder of 21 penalty points — only clinging on to his licence because his various employers pleaded for him in court — Martin is proud to say that, as of April, he should have a clean licence. He’s sanguine about speed cameras. “The proof is in the pudding, really,” he says. “I’ve had 21 points and now I genuinely drive like a saint. If you stick to the speed limit, you won’t have a problem."" from Guy Martin on his Indian motorbike adventure

D

Deleted member 26715

I used to think he was ok, now I think he is a Mark I entitled twat knobjockey driver.
I have to disagree with you, never met him, but he did his Wall of Death at his sisters pub earlier in the year, my daughter & son in law took our grandson, he is enthralled by Guy & his love of the Vulcan, after he'd done his stint on the bike he came out to talk to people, he got my grandson on the platform & talked to him for ages about them. There are many many celebs who wouldn't have done that.

Top Bottom